Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was showing pictures of my car to family last night and some popped up of my paint oxidation. My uncle said my cousin's car was so oxidized that the blue car was almost white. He said he used TR3 Rein Glaze and it worked like magic.

Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?

·
Mugen Addict
586 Posts
I was showing pictures of my car to family last night and some popped up of my paint oxidation. My uncle said my cousin's car was so oxidized that the blue car was almost white. He said he used TR3 Rein Glaze and it worked like magic.

Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?
I have no experience with this, but I was able to find this info for you on the autopia detailing forum. Worth checking out.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/53224-tr3-resin-glaze.html

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've used this product before and it works really well. I believe that it is abrasive so just make sure you put a layer of wax on it after. The meguairs 3 step works well as well for oxidation.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I picked up some of this stuff and since I can't wash the whole car and clean yet (pipes will freeze), I washed the spoiler and went to work.

The stuff works but I find I have to do it in very small steps, really working out individual oxidation marks. That's fine with me as long as it works.

The disturbing part however is that as I get close and examine, I've found that I actually have fingerprints aged into my finish. Seriously?! How long can that take? It's gotta be months without washing. :down: Makes me sad

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so after I decided that I would do it exactly as the can said (yeah, I know), I laid on a coat of glaze and let it dry for 2 hours. When I buffed it off the paint was gorgeous!

I'm so excited now to be able to get my car lookin good.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Does it look like paint has a whole new finish now? Someone on that forum said that it softened his paint and he was able to work it into a scratch, making it look like there wasn't even a scratch at all!

Take some pics of a before and after if you can also.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, paint looks good.

I could really only test it though on the spoiler so far. It's been raining and snowing so a wash and detail is gonna be a tricky job. Gonna wait to do the rest when the weather clears up a little.

I'll definitely take before and after shots

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts