Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the Tps is suppsoe to read at closed throttle at idle, and for wide open throttle? i know its suppose to be 0% at closed and 100% at wide open, but mine reads 10% at closed and 90% at wide open. any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oky 2.2L i was actualy kinda waiting for ya to chime in. well i used a scantool and the readings said 10% at idle and 90% at WOT. oky so i foudn out that those readings are normal for the lude.

oky here are the symptoms to my car . It seems to be running sorta lean, and i only have a exhaust and intake on. when i put my hand over the intake filter i barely feel any air sucking in.The engine response seems laggy. from below 2,000 rpms theres a restriction in power, like as if seomthing was holding it back,then after 2,000 rpms the car gets a slight jolt of power then feels normal.vacuum readings say its at 18psi, any clue in y my cars actign funny?

My air filter is pretty new, jsut changed fuel filter, and my fuel pressure is at 42psi so its good,and i kidna doubt tis the knock sensor .

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
how do you know its running lean? Sorry for the questions but i'm just trying to get a feel for your situation.

this is what the helms says under the troubleshooting about the % of TPS

"Is there approx. 10% when the throttle is fully closed and approx. 90% when the throttle is fully open"

Yes.....

"intermittent failure, system is ok at this time. Check for poor connections or loose wires at c285, c353 (located at right shock tower) and ECM.

A faulty tps sensor can make the car do some crazy things. Like me for instance. I know my TPS sensor is messed up. I dont have a CEL, but i know its the problem. Yet i refuse to fix it since my ITB's will fix that problem. When im driving, it really sucks getting up to speed from a stop at times due to the TPS getting different voltage readings and random times. Gets kinda jerky and laggy.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah yur symptoms seem similar to mine,My CEL isnt on either , liek form stop and go when im at partial throttle it takes a while to get to speed, but when i checked the TPS with the scantool and when i slowly pushed down on the pedal the voltages went up slowly too. Or coudl the Tps still be messed up? and i think tis running lean because thats what my teacher told me, but it wasnt verified .

Im about to say screw it and throw on soem ITB's myself :devil: lol.

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
gfresh86 said:
yeah yur symptoms seem similar to mine,My CEL isnt on either , liek form stop and go when im at partial throttle it takes a while to get to speed, but when i checked the TPS with the scantool and when i slowly pushed down on the pedal the voltages went up slowly too. Or coudl the Tps still be messed up? and i think tis running lean because thats what my teacher told me, but it wasnt verified .

Im about to say screw it and throw on soem ITB's myself :devil: lol.
lol, if you wanna know if you are running lean, pop out your plugs or put a wideband o2 on the car to get accurate readouts regarding your a/f.

mine isnt that it takes awhile to get up to speed, but i have to give it throttle to make it a smooth transition from a stop. If i just ease on the throttle the car will buck and jump.

an easy way to tell if your TPS is messed up is to do this. Get into 3rd gear or so at a constant speed, then slowly let your foot off the gas. If the car nose dives before taking your foot all the way off, you got a problem.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine doesnt really buck , it may buck when it goes from 2,000rpm's to 3,000rpms, i guess ill try that 3rd gear roll thing. woudl a sludged up intake manifodl be a issue to?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts