Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy tow hooks for my 5th gen..are tow hooks for Hondas universal? Does anyone know if you can use tow hooks for different cars? Im having a hard time finding a site that sells tow hooks for preludes. Does anyone know of a good/fairly cheap site to buy them from? Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I want to buy tow hooks for my 5th gen..are tow hooks for Hondas universal? Does anyone know if you can use tow hooks for different cars? Im having a hard time finding a site that sells tow hooks for preludes. Does anyone know of a good/fairly cheap site to buy them from? Thanks.
are you wanting this for looks or to actually use?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
^actually you use these tow hooks to tow your own car with a truck or something if you break down

·
Dented
724 Posts
or to pull you out of the sand at a track... or a ditch when you are showing off for your date and you lose control on some gravel..

A good amount of people use them for aesthetics. I like them that way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, im planning to tow trucks and broken down buses with it. Come on, use your brain a little. But thanks for the answer Dave.
Look jack ass it was a simple question that needed a simple answer. but you had to go and show everyone on here what a tool you really are with that smartass remark good job!!!!! The reason I asked is because I know some folks who have gotten those tow hooks for looks and then tried to use them when getting pulled up on a flat bed and it really tore some SHIZZZZ up so I was actually asking that question to try and keep you from f'n up your car.:thefinger_red:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
<p>
Look jack ass it was a simple question that needed a simple answer. but you had to go and show everyone on here what a tool you really are with that smartass remark good job!!!!! The reason I asked is because I know some folks who have gotten those tow hooks for looks and then tried to use them when getting pulled up on a flat bed and it really tore some SHIZZZZ up so I was actually asking that question to try and keep you from f'n up your car.<a href="http://www.preludepower.com/forums/images/smilies/thefinger_red.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Thefinger Red" smilieid="270" class="inlineimg" />
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>aw,how sweet..shouldve said that you cared from the very beginning. you asked me a question that sounded so damn stupid. its like asking me if I bought a car so I could drive it or use it to sleep in.</p>
<p><font size="1"><i>Posted via Mobile</i></font></p>

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
<p></p>
<p> </p>
<p>aw,how sweet..shouldve said that you cared from the very beginning. you asked me a question that sounded so damn stupid. its like asking me if I bought a car so I could drive it or use it to sleep in.</p>
<p><font size="1"><i>Posted via Mobile</i></font></p>
buying tow hooks for a car that already has functioning tow hooks just so your street car looks race is "so damn stupid".

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
buying tow hooks for a car that already has functioning tow hooks just so your street car looks race is "so damn stupid".
It's "so stupid" of you to assume that the friend that im buying for won't use it for the track in case he needs a tow. Great job on doing the research to find out that ludes already come w/ tow hooks.sorry to tell you but a lot of people that have aftermarket tow hooks use them for looks only.I don't blame them,they look good.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
ive never understood doing something like that just for looks but hey to each their own

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's "so stupid" of you to assume that the friend that im buying for won't use it for the track in case he needs a tow. Great job on doing the research to find out that ludes already come w/ tow hooks.sorry to tell you but a lot of people that have aftermarket tow hooks use them for looks only.I don't blame them,they look good.
Posted via Mobile
HOLY CRAP!!!!!! son, who pissed in your cornflakes? You are a very angry man. Im pretty sure most people on here are only lookin out for you and your cars well being.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I think someone in this thread got some coal for Xmas and is a little upseeet :tounge:.

On a serious note, I know a fellow member on here from Tx has a Benen(sp?) tow hook. He's got a clean white lude with his club's name on the side in blue.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HOLY CRAP!!!!!! son, who pissed in your cornflakes? You are a very angry man. Im pretty sure most people on here are only lookin out for you and your cars well being.
haha, yeah i appreciate the info. My bad for gettin' angry because i thought you were trying to be a jackass.:sigh:

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
Posted via Mobile
yes. there are alot. those people are called ricers. its like buying the set up for your muffler to shoot flames out of your stock engine that will never make a true back fire under its own power.... :blush:

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
yes. there are alot. those people are called ricers. its like buying the set up for your muffler to shoot flames out of your stock engine that will never make a true back fire under its own power.... :blush:
My car backfires... Lol. I need my tune!!!!

And buy them if u need them... Ima need them when i get my lude on the street. My car is so low, my front tow hook scrapes. So ima cut it out, and just get a benon tow hook. Dont want one, but need one. Atleast get an excuse to get one.:uriel:

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
^ So your low for show.

IIRC the ones that people put on the ludes are for show but hey test them out and tell us how well they work.

Race cars with tow hooks(functional) is compeletly different to a street car with tow hooks(more than likely show).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts