Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few nicks and scrapes that I want to fill up on my car. There is no rust underneath them just bare metal. I am having a hell of a time finding touchup paint for my car (1990, R-51) Canadian tire doesnt have it, Honda doesnt have it. Where can I get some touch-up paint. Is there any other car color codes that are nearly identical to ours?

I plan on cutwaxing my car in the spring, So I just want to seal off these areas so they don't rust out.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy at honda said that he doesn't have it in stock, and cant get it. I thought that was BS. But I will try paintscratch.com

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
try your local paint shop

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried a local paint shop but they could only do a custom matched aerosol can, which would not work at all for exterior touchups. and it was about $30 a can.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
hmm... they have little touch up bottles, about the size of tic tac things, well wider but u know what i mean. idk then...

·
12,918 Posts
Canadian tire has them discontinued.. anywhere else they have to make those spray cans for like 22$ (and over depending on paint). Honda would probably want the same price for it anyways. Your best bet is to find a red that matches almost.. since it's just touchup paint it won't really show.. it would show just as much if it was the exact paint anyways.
Check canadian tire for this one pheonix red paint.. it's more pinkish than r-51 but for touchups it should be fine.

They used to have r-51 at canadian tire like 2 years ago.. should've bought em all.. haha.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
go buy like 3 different reds and then test each one, return the two you dont use... while your there, pick up some of those motegi rims or whatever, get some cheap rims/tires throw them on too, or even just get some chrome hubcaps, no not the ones that are supposed to be fake rims, just plain chrome ones that cover the whole wheel.... come on there brent, lets get movin get that lude pimp'd

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
Suprised you didnt say Maaco :lol: jp with ya man

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I got the paint (brush) set from paintscratch.com. Comes with paint, basecoat, clearcoat and rubbing compound. I can always get a fine detail brush for the smaller chips/scratches. I figured this would be a better way to go than the pens.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
well you could take it to maaco haha,
im gonna make a sig so that anywhere i post maaco gets free advertising.... until they mess up a car, i told the guy i'll tell anyone i can if ya do a good job....

·
Registered
397 Posts
Anyone else get something from paintscratch.com?? I'm wondering how the brush application is compared to the spray can method. (R-51, in case you're wondering; have pea-sized chips, but they annoy the hell outta me when I wash it)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone else get something from paintscratch.com?? I'm wondering how the brush application is compared to the spray can method. (R-51, in case you're wondering; have pea-sized chips, but they annoy the hell outta me when I wash it)
spray can method would probably go on smoother. unless you're amazing with a brush

1 - 14 of 14 Posts