Honda Prelude Forum banner

took my car for a ride today

420 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nuthineasy88S 
#1 ·
My car has been sitting for like a month or so and today I went to take her for a spin and noticed some serious vibration in the brakes. The passenger rear to be exact. I did'nt drive it long to see if the vibration went away. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem. I have all new rotors and calipers and pads. Do you think the caliper could be loose? I cranked on the bolts. Should've probably used a torque wrench huh.

#5 ·
Did you torque the wheel down in sequence? That is vital when you put new rotors on, they have not gone through a heat cycle yet so if you put them on and they are not perfect, when you heat them up they will warp. I would take the wheel off and then torque it back down in a criss cross pattern, hopefully that will help. Also, the rotor itself might be out of balance, you might have to take it to a shop to have it balanced, along with you wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.