Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent been on this site in a really looong time and have recently read in detail about Toofast's Throttle bodies and 3/4" spacers that can give a 10hp gain.
I've noticed however that toofastsiprelude's inbox is full and he has not posted here in a really long time. Is he still around? Are these parts still avaliable?? Any guidance would be helpful. thanks

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
Yikes. A search would have answered your questions.

First of all, Toofast is a real snake. He is not around anymore, and if he is, he does not go by the name of Toofast. I don't think he has the balls to show his face around here after what he did. Basically, he raped a whole bunch of PP.com members for their money, intake manifolds, and throttle bodies. His inbox is full because he doesn't check it. He doesn't check it because he's too busy enjoying everybody's money and parts.

The only way to get a Toofast throttle body or spacer is to buy one off of somebody who DIDN'T get raped by Toofast. If that doesn't work for you, you're going to have to bite the bullet and either make your own or get somebody else to make 'em for you. Spacers, I mean. There are guys who can bore a throttle body, though. There's maxbore.com, I think it is. He'll take care of your throttle body and your intake manifold for you, and from what I've read, it isn't even totally out the ass. A few members here have had work done by maxbore. I don't remember or know who they are, but a quick search ought to inform you.

Other than having a fellow member take pity on your degenerate soul and sell you the goods, or having a fellow member or friend take pity on your degenerate soul and do the work for you, you're going to have to do it yourself. I'm afraid these are your only options, unless you're a magician, of course.

--J

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow that answers my question then.
I did search and read all the old posts and never came accross anything definitive so I wanted to know what was up.
Thanks for letting me know.

·
Premium Member
16,912 Posts
Here is Maxbore's site:

http://www.maxbore.com/

And here is his work:

And here is some before and after shots:

Here is some info off his site:

I have been boring throttle bodies for several years, mostly for local shops and now I would like to provide this service to internet customers. I specialize in Honda/Acura, but I can bore just about any throttle body.
I also do manifold opening port matching. This is done at the opening of the manifold and does not include runners. Manifolds are not sand blasted, please send the manifold bare without sensors or injectors.
I can convert your First gen JDM B16 throttle body to ITR specs

I can convert your non VTEC integra throttle body to ITR specs

I can make your GSR or DOHC Civic Si throttle body to 2mm over ITR specs

I can turn your ITR throttle body to a massive 65mm and taper out to 70mm <H2>Here is a list of the size you can expect to get your throttle body bored out to: D series up to 60mm.
B series from 62mm to 65mm depending on year and engine.
H series up to 66mm depending on year and engine.
K series up to 65mm.
F series up to 64mm.
</H2>

NO CORES USED! I bore YOUR throttle body and I send back YOUR sensors.

Now some information about what it is I do. First, the throttle bodies are dissasembled, that includes all the sensors and all moving parts. Then the throttle body is sand blasted with ultra fine sand. It is then cleaned and all sand is removed. The throttle body then goes to the lathe, where it is bored, then ported and finally polished. the opening of the throttle body gets a taper that begins at 6 degrees then 3 degrees. A new bigger butterfly is made out of brass. It is then carefully fitted to the throttle body. Once the proper seal is achieved the throttle body is reassembled. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is reinstalled using new screws and it is set to factory specs.

PRICING

Throttle body by paypal ($105):

Throttle body and manifold by paypal ($165):

Money order

Please make money orders out to:

Jorge Pugliese

All throttle bodies are $100. You can pay with a money order (preffered) or paypal. If you use paypal, the price is $105. My paypal account is [email protected]

Manifold opening port matching is $60 and return shipping is included.

IMPORTANT

The price quoted here is for throttle bodies that are sent to me in working order and complete. It is OK if you send it without sensors, but any missing parts or parts that do not belong to the throttle body will incur an extra charge. I can, and do fix throttle bodies, but you must tell me you need the throttle body fixed as well, on top of the boring job. Please

·
Herp Derp Lerp
1,568 Posts
team123luder said:
I'm going to be selling an entire toofast manifold setup...... if boblasek doesn't come through..... keep an eye for it in the forsale sextion sometime this month.
ITS MINE, No one can take it from ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
then pay for it man. hes obviously waiting. ne how that bored TB looks to be a little too thinned walled for me. i am going to send him one and get it bored im going to the scrappers tommorow.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a throttlebody spacer made by my buddy that works at a machine shop. Its about an inch thick..noticable difference but not much.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
LUDEacris_91si said:
someone told me that porting the TB and IM gains you no more then 5 hp... true?
then it sounds like "someone" doesn't know what the F they're talking about.

a "ported" TB, or one with a larger diameter, will increase airflow, as well as throttle response...
aka. power.

a properly polished/port matched IM?
does the same. and gives more... power.

more air in, with an engine that runs rich? means you've got a window for more power.

the TB is a bit of a bottleneck in the b20/21.
stock is something like 54mm.

that's pretty small.

most tegs run closer to 60mm stock.

moving up to a larger diameter should do alot of good.

as for the IM work? i know it helps.
so does head work.
so does shaving the head for compression.
so do cams.
so do higher compression pistons.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
flylwsi said:
any wall at all on a TB is fine.
it won't be too thin...

Just remember if it's tooo thin it will crush under load from a tbolt clamp.... had a friend who bored his B18 TB (58mm stock) the walls were paper thin!!! when he installed his charge pipes installed he used this clamp tourqe wrench 60lbs per square inch...... and it crushed the TB!!!!!

anywho fly is right, we have an insanely restrictive intake setup. I've seen ppl more then 10hp from a TB alone on a boosted setup.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
840 Posts
flylwsi said:
then it sounds like "someone" doesn't know what the F they're talking about.

a "ported" TB, or one with a larger diameter, will increase airflow, as well as throttle response...
aka. power.

a properly polished/port matched IM?
does the same. and gives more... power.

more air in, with an engine that runs rich? means you've got a window for more power.

the TB is a bit of a bottleneck in the b20/21.
stock is something like 54mm.

that's pretty small.

most tegs run closer to 60mm stock.

moving up to a larger diameter should do alot of good.

as for the IM work? i know it helps.
so does head work.
so does shaving the head for compression.
so do cams.
so do higher compression pistons.
rofl, i like you ....tell them [email protected]@bz!!!

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Pounds per square inch, also known as PSI.

Thats how clamps are measured, in PSI of clamping force, not ft-lbs of torque.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
That's a nice looking throttle body. Man I want an Si :( maxbore.com is going on my list of stuff to do as soon as i'm b20a'd.

·
My Lude is my Superhero
227 Posts
flylwsi said:
maybe i'm wrong... what's 15lb/ft. equate to in PSI?
Not sure if the above is possible.

I've been wrong before so please correct me if I am.

A foot-pound is a unit of work or energy in the gravitational system; it is the work done or energy expended by a force of 1 pound acting through a distance of 1 foot.

The pound-force per square inch (lbf/in²) is a unit of pressure In casual English language use it is rendered as "pounds per square inch", abbreviated to psi. At 1 PSI, a force of one pound-force (roughly the force exerted due to gravity by a mass of one pound at the surface of the Earth) is applied to an area of one square inch.

I am pretty sure that you can't convert a unit of pressure (PSI) to a unit of force (ft-lbs). They seem similar but are different. That's like asking to convert gallons to pounds, just doesn't work.

My $.02.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts