Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok some of you with b21's might have already came across what im about to tell....well i have had two b21's and yes both burned oil(not much but enough to notice). i started using Valvoline Dura-Blend about 6 months ago in my Pontiac Grand Am GT due to it burning some oil, i wasnt sure if my new lude burned oil since when i got it the head gasket was blown. well sure engough this b21 also burned some oil,so a couple of days ago i changed the oil to Valvoline Dura-Blend. i just went out and checked it after it sat overnight and its still full, and believe me i drove the car hard yesterday(high rmp's not over 6k) to see if it would burn any of the new oil. so far so good its not burning oil!!! if it worked in my grand am(daily driver) and now my lude its got to be a good oil. i challenge everyone with a b21 thats burning oil to use it,its not like you would be hurting anything to give it a try. its worked on two of my cars and if it works on other b21's then maybe we have found a oil that will slow down the burning process and add longevity to the b21's normal short lifespan!

p.s.- if your b21 goes through a quart a day dont even bother, the rings are too far gone for any oil to help!! this is for small to mild oil burning b21's to test out, please help me out people give it a try.

p.p.s.- i saw this oil on Spike TV when the Horsepower TV guys did a tour of Valvoline oil test facility. if anyone else saw the episode then they know how hard of testing Valvoline puts there oils through before claiming outrageous result, unlike every other oil manufacturer out there!

·
GPS Enabled
1,014 Posts
Interesting... I'm changing my oil on sunday, I'll give it a shot. I drive a lot so I should be able to see results rather quickly.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
so is 6 quarts a month to much? lol. 250,000 miles of abuse. the car was stolen twice and now i have a bad headgasket. i will try this oil in my z and see if it stops burning oil. it goes through maybe 1/2 to 1 quart a month depending on how i drive it.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so is 6 quarts a month to much? lol. 250,000 miles of abuse. the car was stolen twice and now i have a bad headgasket. i will try this oil in my z and see if it stops burning oil. it goes through maybe 1/2 to 1 quart a month depending on how i drive it.
damn!! 6 quarts...i thought my grand am was bad but not anymore lol!

but yea thats all im asking is for people to try it...that way we can start keeping some b21's around, if it does prove to work that is....

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
they know how hard of testing Valvoline puts there oils through before claiming outrageous result, unlike every other oil manufacturer out there!
That's a really huge claim to be making.
Particularly as it's complete nonsense. :suspect:

·
Registered
286 Posts
i was going through 2 qts a week and was only driving about 200 miles a week. but now im in he process of pulling and rebuilding so hopefully i wont haveto worry about burning oil for a while.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a really huge claim to be making.
Particularly as it's complete nonsense. :suspect:
ok i know other manufacturers do extensive testing...but its funny how every oil manufacturer claims to be the leading oil this and the leading oil that. if you ask me thats a "huge claim" to be making on the manufacturers part!!

im not looking for people to disagree or start a pissing contest,just for people to give it a shot since its worked for me on two different cars,with two different engines,made by two different manufacurers,etc,etc,etc...

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
p.p.s.- i saw this oil on Spike TV when the Horsepower TV guys did a tour of Valvoline oil test facility. if anyone else saw the episode then they know how hard of testing Valvoline puts there oils through before claiming outrageous result, unlike every other oil manufacturer out there!
spike TV is hardly a reliable, documentary like source.

at best, shows on sunday are little more than infomercials for the products shown (advertised) on the shows.

i'm interested to know how the valvoline creates oil that manages not to sneak past the ring lands and valve guides, but is still able to flow properly thru all the other tight passages in the motor.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
spike TV is hardly a reliable, documentary like source.

at best, shows on sunday are little more than infomercials for the products shown (advertised) on the shows.

i'm interested to know how the valvoline creates oil that manages not to sneak past the ring lands and valve guides, but is still able to flow properly thru all the other tight passages in the motor.
did i say its a reliable source...no!! i said i seen the show on spike(horsepower tv) that went inside valvolines oil test facility. thats how i learned about there new dura-blend oil,from there it was my own experience with it that made me write this. im asking people with b21's to try it if there experiencing the slight/mild oil burning problem that plagues the b21's.

that way if others have positive experiences with the oil, when it comes to less oil comsumption,then when people ask the way too common "how do i get my b21 to stop burning oil" question we can then tell them to use this oil until a proper rebuild can be done....thats all im saying people, quit trying to make it into something that is not!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts