Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a new set of rims and tires for my 91 si, wondering what size wheels would be most appropraite (16s/17s?) and would it make the car look dumb if i didnt drop it? also whats a good wieght for a wheel i found wheels i like and they wiegh about 20 lbs per wheel. Any advise?

·
Registered
81 Posts
17's will fill up your wheel well gap more, but personally i dont like the way my car rides with the 17's, possibly because its lowered. i just picked up a set of 2000 civic si rims. their 15's and i'm running 205/55-15 tires. the rides a hell of a lot better compared to the 17's

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am running 17's, they weigh about 15lbs each im running the Yokohama AVID H4s 205/40-17 with about 45psi on the tires. my car is dropped about 1.5- 2 inches and it rides "Pretty Smooth" but it all depends on the roads. I would recommend 15s or 16s for a smoother ride because of the bigger tire and i also highly recommend the AVID H4s!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
for not being dropped? dont go 17s your car would look like a skyjacker. go with 15s like dawg said and run 195/55s but if you drop the car 17s look ok, so does the 15s. i say that since i have experience with these sizes.

but there aint nothin wrong with 14s! lol i liked them for winter and for rolling uber low

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you want pretty good ride quality, go with 15's/16's so you can run thicker tires. I agree with Mackie's statement about 17's without a drop.

·
Registered
286 Posts
my personal favorite are the integra gsr "fat fives"
15" and factory honda/acura alloys
civic SI wheels are cool
since most of the country has roads with pot holes 17" wheels are not practical,they look better though. to bad the tires have small sidewalls. we have a tire shop. and fix at least 3 times a month we see a car with 17's and a cracked wheel from a pothole.
just my opinion. 195/50/15

cooper negotiator are good tires at a good price
michelin are the best & cost the most.
Toyo Sumitomo bridgestone are all good.
COSTCO has super low prices on [email protected]#$ Garbage MAde In China tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts