Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Honda Prelude
Base Automatic/Manu-Matic

I have not been able to find any leads as to why my tiptronic gear indicator doesn't show up (the light on the instrument panel that shows what gear I am in on sport mode/tiptronic). I have checked the bulb and even replaced it, I even pulled apart the center column where the shifter is and looked around. Found no loose wiring, or things that would be a problem. Please help me solve this. Been looking for a few month now. There isn't any problem with the ride, just annoying not having the light there. Any more in for needed? First post, let me know if I left any thing out. Thanks.
-Pickle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you by any chance know what the little black box is called? Part name? It has the three nubs, one for shifting up, one for shifting down, and one for activating shift mode? I'm in need of help.. Badly.. That box is broken and won't hold the springs in place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi ASweetPicklel,

I have copied the pertinent section from the Helms that may contain the info you are looking for. If you can PM me an email address, I will send you the file.

dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, thanks for giving me some advice, I found a part on the guide, it's inside number 15s box. The detent bracket, it's the object below number 10, that bracket actually clips over the part to hold it on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts