Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
according to my manual the ignition timing can't be changed, is this right if so what about the position of the dissy does'nt it matter ?

·
Administrator
6,932 Posts
Tthe distributor can only be installed one way, and with a piggyback or standalone EMS, the ignition timing can be adjusted.

Reactions: GFloBb6

·
Registered
1999 Prelude. F20B/K20A hybrid rebuild
202 Posts
Yeah unlike the other 90’s Hondas, our distributor after you install it correctly it does not matter how far forward or back it’s positioned, the ignition timing is set automatically by the Ecu. So if you’re re-installing, you don’t have to be careful or mark where it was last, just install and that’s it.

·
Registered
JDM 4th Gen Prelude 2.2 Vtec Turbo
38 Posts
Not sure the ECU sets the timing automatically.

I'm pretty sure as wing states above that on 5th gens there is no adjustability on the dizzy, so you can't go wrong really.

On 4th gens they are adjustable and it needs setting with a timing light.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tthe distributor can only be installed one way, and with a piggyback or standalone EMS, the ignition timing can be adjusted.
Thankyou now i need a timing light
Yeah unlike the other 90’s Hondas, our distributor after you install it correctly it does not matter how far forward or back it’s positioned, the ignition timing is set automatically by the Ecu. So if you’re re-installing, you don’t have to be careful or mark where it was last, just install and that’s it.
Thats the answer i wanted great i dont need a timing light thanks mate

I'm pretty sure as wing states above that on 5th gens there is no adjustability on the dizzy, so you can't go wrong really.

Thanx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts