Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i tighten my timing belt. i got it on and timed and all that good stuff. theres just play in part of it. and i dont want that part slipping on me

·
Registered
915 Posts
Another thread bound for epic failure.

Search the stickies section noobler, I don't feel generous today, ate too much cheesecake.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,348 Posts
Do the tensioner-tightening procedure in the online manual. I did and it worked like a hot damn.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ludeicious if you dont have anything useful to say. why even bother saying anything..

and i know theres a tensioner its just my timing belt is still lose on one side. but on the other side. its perfectly fine. and i just cant figure it out...

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Also - BEING CAREFUL NOT TO LET IT SLIP TIMING - you can hand turn the crank bolt a full revolution and see if that helps you retention it.

This is how i double check it's tensioned properly.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I did give you a useful piece of information. I told you exactly where to look to find the solution to your problem. Also if you look further into the searching part of what I told you, you would have found that the front part of the belt doesn't tighten up like the rear part does. Its just the way it is.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
ludeicious if you dont have anything useful to say. why even bother saying anything..

and i know theres a tensioner its just my timing belt is still lose on one side. but on the other side. its perfectly fine. and i just cant figure it out...
search, read the faq, follow the instuctions in the online manual.
he gave you useful info, just as the rest of us did. follow it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.