Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT AGAIN : fixed it started right up ..just wating on new parts thanks guys

EDIT : i shut it off at idle..sort of
yeah so my crankshaft pully came off on the highway some how , the car was still running . i get to the light off the highway 1 mile away fomy house , car starts to jump a lil bit , right there i shut it off i knew the lower timing gear went off timing right there the key broke off ...not by that much .. so wat am i looking bent vavles for sure? or wat i hope i get lucky..changing it in the morning..let me know wat u guys think my chances are

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah bent valves almost for sure. If you change the belt and see a lot of smoke or it doesn't seem to run right then you know you will have major valve issues. Or to find out for sure, take the head off and have a compression check done on the intake and exhaust sides. That will tell you what valves are bent.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its 50 / 50 cause i wasnt going fast or high rpms at all lets see ima throw a new key tomarrow and pully

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dude, I've seen bent valves from a timing belt's teeth being thrown in a parking lot. Sorry man, but I hope that's not the case.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the belt didnt BREAK lol , just the key for the gear at the crank..

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
For your sake I really hope you fine but man you really do have terrible luck with your ludes... unless you just beat the crap out of them daily. maybe you should switch to different cars.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
think about selling and getting soemthign with 2 wheels ..im done with cars

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
After I did my timing belt I took it for a drive around the block because I was also having clutch problems. 2nd gear, ~2500 rpms and the key came lose, and the crank pulley spun and it jumped timing. Car lost power, then just shut off. Me and a friend pushed it back home, I reset the timing, and it's perfectly fine, perfect compression and no funny sounds to indicate any valves were bent. Hope for the best here, it might be fine

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
He has bigger issues with a crank pulley that shoots off. His crank could also be effed
It could just have been a loose crank pulley bolt, other wise yeah, there's probably a bigger problem behind this

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i didnt really put the pully on that tight after i put the waterpump in now that i think about it..

·
Registered
383 Posts
When i do my timing belts ive learned use some kind of thread locker. On my h23 i had to retap the crank shaft because the bolt came out while the car was running. Screw up the threads. If any one was wondering the tap needed is a 14m 1.25 Thread pitch.As far as bent valves goes really depends my uncle had a 95 civic auto blew the timing belt at 65 and no bent valves. I would do a compression test first. If everything looks good then i wouldn't worry about it.But if compression goes something like 240,240,130,125. I would pull the head off.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
well check the timming it,,,,if it is still lined up ur probally ok,,,,,,,,,if it is off by alittle bit you a 50/50 shot,,,,,, i wouldnt worry about the pulley messing up the crank in that short ammount of time it ran for with no pulley.... nbut impact the pully bolt on next time

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK ...NO BENT VAVLES LOL ...started right up just wating on new belt and bolt now..

·
Registered
803 Posts
thats what you get for driving like a shithead jerry!! lol when and where was this?. good thing your switching to bikes. theyre great for the winter..if i had more parking space. i'd buy that lude and sell that h22.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts