Honda Prelude Forum banner

Timing cover needed for 91 2.05L

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  luzer 
#1 ·
Still hoping someone is parting out or can locate a lower timing cover for my 91 Prelude. It has the 2.05L motor. I need to get it back together. Any help would be appreciated!
Alwaysidaho

#2 ·
I responded to your post in the newbie thread. I might have a timing cover, but I'll have to go through my parts bins. I was going to look last night but I didn't have time. I'll try to find some time this weekend. Just because I'm real close to Idaho, where in Idaho are you located?

#4 ·
That's a ways away, even though I live close to Idaho. I'm near Pullman, WA. More than 5 hours drive from Wilder. I have a bunch of 3rd gen parts I want to get rid of, but that's a long drive for you. Might not be worth it for you unless I have something you're specifically looking for that would be expensive to ship.

I wasn't able to find a spare timing cover, but I haven't checked my storage unit yet. I'll take a look in there today if I have time after work.

#6 ·
That's a ways away, even though I live close to Idaho. I'm near Pullman, WA. More than 5 hours drive from Wilder. I have a bunch of 3rd gen parts I want to get rid of, but that's a long drive for you. Might not be worth it for you unless I have something you're specifically looking for that would be expensive to ship.

I wasn't able to find a spare timing cover, but I haven't checked my storage unit yet. I'll take a look in there today if I have time after work.
I am very bummed but that is the way it goes. Do you have any other contacts or suggestions for finding this part? Seems to be impossible to find. Thanks a great deal for your efforts.

#8 ·
I just checked the for sale section and saw there are a couple of part-out threads there for 3rd gens. The engine is blown in one of them. You might try contacting the seller to see if he'll sell you the timing cover. Here's a link...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.