Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i jsut finished doign my timingbelt and now after warm up my car idle fluctuates up and down, all my vacuum hoses are connected cuz i ahvnet touched them , and my iac is fine too . is this normal because the car has to relearn?

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
if nothing is disconnected then the next place is back into the timing belt and double check if it's lined up right and also the balance shaft belt as that can cause a rough idle. but if your idle is fluctuating alot and you changed the waterpump there might be air in the system.

·
Registered
40 Posts
also make sure your timing is still right i know after i did a timing belt in an integra it ran rough because it needed to be retuned after the belt was done but for sure check your teeth on your cam gear you dont want any bent valves

·
Registered
71 Posts
i can tell u exactaly whats going on.....I had that same problem right after doing my timing belt and i thot that it was iacv as well....cleaned it out and it still idled funny, just like u say it does. So i went out to honda and bought a brand new iacv ($300) only to come and find out that my timing was off by one tooth. ONE friggin tooth!!! I ended up just paying honda to do my timing belt for me. So yea that was a $1,000.00 mistake! Seriously dude check your timing......

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
idle was fixed, it wanst anything serios. i jsut had to reposition the idle screw to its original position becasue i palyed wit hit before. then the computer had to relearn itself for a while. when i did my timgin belt the best i ocudl get it was half a tooth off. but i dont see anyother way to get it dead on. but hte car runs perfect. half a tooth off isnt that bad anyways

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
gfresh86 said:
idle was fixed, it wanst anything serios. i jsut had to reposition the idle screw to its original position becasue i palyed wit hit before. then the computer had to relearn itself for a while. when i did my timgin belt the best i ocudl get it was half a tooth off. but i dont see anyother way to get it dead on. but hte car runs perfect. half a tooth off isnt that bad anyways
Good, you got it fixed.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah she seems to run pretty oky.i guess it was worth doign the h23 manual tensioner conversion, but dam that belt was a btich to get on.super tite. but at least now i kno my tensioner wont fail on me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts