Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '97 SH, I love it, and all mods are planned around keeping the ATTS. With that said, I need to replace my tie rod ends, I stopped in at a local NTB where the manager has helped me out before as he is a Honda guy too (built civic si) he said the tie rod ends for the SH were the same as the ones for the base....so I get onto Autozone to do some comparison pricing and they show two different ones; A basic set up that doesn't say anything about being model specific, and a much more expensive Beck Arnley set up that say's it is for the SH.

Is there really a difference?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
There is a huge difference, I was giving Base tie rods before and they dont work, they give you really bad toe in, go to Honda and get SH tie rods, a little more money but worth it

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
If they give toe in they are too long.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I assume that that the tie rods on a JDM Type S will be the same as the Type SH. As there are a few people here that have excessive play in the tie rods and cant replace them as all 5th Gen here are 4ws with standard suspension at front.

So the whole tie rods them selves are different.:Oo:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Believe it or not I found the best deal on Tie Rod ends right at the Honda dealership, $59.00.

They are a different part number than the base but they cost the same. I finally talked with a mechanic that is familiar with SH's, the whole job is still going to cost around $280 with parts, labor and alignment.

Is now a good time to Install all new bushings or should I just wait to do that until I get my coil overs?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If it has to do with the front suspension get a Honda factory part, I wouldn't trust any aftermarket company that claims their tie rods "will work"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts