Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what the ticking noise is when you turn your car off?
its coming from around the cat and exhaust i think. it doesnt do it while driving that i can hear. it only lasts about five minutes. any insight would be great. i searched the forums and didnt see anything on this subject.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if thats the case do i have a problem i need to address with exhaust if its getting that hot or is it normal?

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
its totally normal. its the core of the catalytic converter expanding and contracting as the temps change unevenly as it cools off after being run for a while. dont worry about it at all

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
motoxxxman said:
its totally normal. its the core of the catalytic converter expanding and contracting as the temps change unevenly as it cools off after being run for a while. dont worry about it at all
Yup, that combined with the exhaust manifold and head being different metals with different expansion rates and cooling at different speeds and you can have a hell of a song going on after some hard driving.

Not a problem at all.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
or maybe you have a cricket colony in your floorboards. or you ran over a bird and its still alive. or theres a rabbit stuck in your exhaust pipe. or a watch-bomb with a really loud ticker. or a tracking device with sonar.

lmao!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if thats the case do i have a problem i need to address with exhaust if its getting that hot or is it normal?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for puttin my mind at ease. now how do i give rep points? how does that b20/b21 hybrid work, is it a frankenstien or somthin else?

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
to give rep points, look to the left of my post. theres a little silver thingy that looks like a scale below my name and info. down in the bottom left below where it says donor. click it, choose approve or disapprove, click submit, leave a comment, and click submit

as for the b20/b21 hybrid, its not a frankenstein. its a direct bolt on. the external parts of both heads are totally identical. and both blocks are like 95% identical on the outside too. all the parts that matter are identical. ie: head and block lol.

simply take a b21 block and bolt a b20 head to it. simple as that. then use all your original manifolds, accessories, mounts, and everything else.

or you can have a b20a5 block bored to fit b21 pistons, and just reassemble it like you did nothing to it lol. same exact thing, but you're eliminating the FRM cylinders

1 - 11 of 11 Posts