Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a 98 base model lude 5-speed. back in june, i had a Competition Clutch stage 2 clutch and light weight flywheel installed. a few months later the TOB went out (supposedly, CC makes crappy TOB). last weekend, we dropped the tranny and installed a new one (replacement from CC broke trying to fit it on that fork, so we just put one in from autozone). when i took it on the first drive afterwards, it was still chattering. the bearing works fine, other than the fact its annoying as hell. is there anything else it could be? ive heard it could possibly be the input shaft bearing? should i try dropping the tranny again and putting in an OEM honda one?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hope u cleaned up and re-greased every thing spine and all but dont buy stuff like that from autozone
believe me when it comes to something like that, im against using some off brand part from autozone. had it not been for the fact that i needed to be able to drive it the following morning, i would've waited and had competition clutch send me a new one or just go get one from honda.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts