Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a multi-faceted post. Why isn't there a specific thread here in the 3rd Gen forum for classified ads and/or want to buy posts? Seems like that would be quite useful.

on to my second part...

I have 3 full vacuum boxes for my 88 Si. When I bought the car the secondaries did not work properly, so, in advance I scooped up 2 vacuum boxes just knowing that the solenoid valve was to blame.

I did some very thorough testing on the system last night using the Honda service manual. The valve on the side of the intake manifold that operates the secondaries inside is capable of holding vacuum and opening and closing as it should. The vacuum tank underneath the vacuum box also holds vacuum quite well.
The 4-pin connector on the side of that box measures around 13.6v when the car is running between the yellow (-) and black/yellow (+) wires. The finger now points to the solenoid.

I fitted all three of them on there and not a single one of them works. What are the odds that I truly have 3 faulty solenoids?! I know it was a problematic part, but, sheesh!

Does anyone have a known, good working one that they would want to sell me? :p Or does anyone have any suggestions for some steps that I may have missed?

thanks!

C

·
0 Posts
This is a multi-faceted post. Why isn't there a specific thread here in the 3rd Gen forum for classified ads and/or want to buy posts? Seems like that would be quite useful.

on to my second part...

I have 3 full vacuum boxes for my 88 Si. When I bought the car the secondaries did not work properly, so, in advance I scooped up 2 vacuum boxes just knowing that the solenoid valve was to blame.

I did some very thorough testing on the system last night using the Honda service manual. The valve on the side of the intake manifold that operates the secondaries inside is capable of holding vacuum and opening and closing as it should. The vacuum tank underneath the vacuum box also holds vacuum quite well.
The 4-pin connector on the side of that box measures around 13.6v when the car is running between the yellow (-) and black/yellow (+) wires. The finger now points to the solenoid.

I fitted all three of them on there and not a single one of them works. What are the odds that I truly have 3 faulty solenoids?! I know it was a problematic part, but, sheesh!

Does anyone have a known, good working one that they would want to sell me? :p Or does anyone have any suggestions for some steps that I may have missed?

thanks!
Because we already have an entire buy/sell section for this site that all generations of Prelude can buy/sell in. We don't need one right here in the 3rd gen section.

·
Registered
538 Posts
there is no spicific 3g for sale/want/parts etc etc.. there is one for the whole community. check it out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok ok. I see there isn't a specific 3G classifieds. It was just a thought. A lot of other forums I belong to do a general classifieds as well as individual ones for sub-forums. It makes it easier for tracking down specific parts but it's more work for the moderators.

any who, back to my problem, are there any suggestions out there before I scour for a 4th solenoid?

·
Registered
789 Posts
need 1, get ahold of danbrick. he finds all kinds of sweet stuff. hes my yard junkie when ppl are looking. he has/finds it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts