Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was trying to talk my girlfreind into buying a 92 civic hatch for herself(for me), and she was telling me about when she got her other civic some of her friends were telling her to turn it into a drift car!!!!! i didnt even respond to it....

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
hahahahahaha! froflmfao hahahaha did you pimp slap her and then tell her to get down on her hands and knees and beg for forgiveness?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Those are some geniusous your gf hangs around with lol. Ive actually seen a EF hatch drift(theres a video) but of course that was all handbrake.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
bluedlude said:
i was trying to talk my girlfreind into buying a 92 civic hatch for herself(for me), and she was telling me about when she got her other civic some of her friends were telling her to turn it into a drift car!!!!! i didnt even respond to it....
haha.... That should tell both you and her how smart her friends are:tongue:

·
Registered
176 Posts
there is a way to drift without the e-brake buts its hard to control, ive seen it done in a type r integra, haha go fast in 2nd gear, let off the gas quick, tap the breaks and turn sharply and you can get the ass end to slide...but a true drift car...brilliant!...LMFAO!!!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
<anime geek> dude the guy in Initial D with the EG6 was able to control the car's balance by using the gas to control the front wheels' grip and the e-brake to control the rear. it's totally possible. I don't have a driver's license, and my mom's Grand Prix has the e-brake on the floor, so I haven't tried it, but it seems totally possible.</anime geek>

I've had three people ask me if I drift my Prelude, knowing full and well that's it's a Prelude, not a 240sx, and that Preludes are fwd. You should take a standardized competency test before you're allowed to discuss any car topics more technical than paint color.

Tell your girlfriend to kick those idiots she's hanging out with to the curb, and then screen her new friends so that you know she's hanging out with people who can walk and chew gum at the same time.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
she moved down to FL and those were her friends in virginia. i guess some kids think if they wish hard enough they will be able to drift. probably into a tree but...i would definately like to c someone try it. lol

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
are there any girl drifters in D1 or any of that noise?

not really on topic, but maybe your gf can be the first... with her civic...

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
even if you got into D1 or something with a fwd, there's no way you'd be able to compete. Probably wouldn't make it past prelims or qualifying or whatever they have.

Only D1 even I've been to so far was at Irwindale Speedway, which is an oval course. They used one of the banked corners at the first corner of the course, and the cars were maintaining a 70+mph drift for a couple hundred feet. FWD would run out of momentum and look totally lame halfway through when the rear end grabs and the front wheels swing the car right into the wall.

Most race tracks (and drift tracks held on race courses) have at least one long money sweeper that's good for points because you have to maintain a constant slip angle, which is impossible in fwd.

and c3g: we're supposed to laugh because these people are stupid, and stupid people deserve to be ridiculed.

·
Registered
250 Posts
bluedlude said:
she moved down to FL and those were her friends in virginia. i guess some kids think if they wish hard enough they will be able to drift. probably into a tree but...i would definately like to c someone try it. lol
That explains it...the damn VA communists!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts