Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My transmission went out about 2 hours ago. I was just about to take off in 1st and all the sudden..... BOOM! It wouldn't go. I got out and looked under the car and there was a pool of tranny fluid with chunks of the transmission casing. It SUCKS! So, does anyone know where I can find a 5sp tranny for my 2.0si? Any info. will help. Thank you.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to know if any of the accord trannys will fit my a20/BT engine such as the FI a20a3 of any others between the years of 83- 89.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
junk yards is the place to go, remember 86-89 accord lxi trans are the same as the 2nd gen and if your in a pinch the 86-89 dx,lx will work but with diffrent gearing.

·
Registered
927 Posts
the 1.8 twin carb one will work as well but with slightly shorter gears

·
Registered
117 Posts
my tranny did the exact same thing about 4-5 weeks ago. I got a tranny from the junk yard for 50 bucks, cleaned it up and slapped her on. Make sure if you do that to get new seals for the halfshafts or else use the ones on your old one if they're good. I also used my old throw out bearing too, cuz i just replaced my clutch about 11000 miles ago when i rebuilt my engine. Just look on the casing for the tranny number. Most 2nd gen prelude and 3g accord trannys will bolt up, but i'd suggest using the same one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts