Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91sr that i have been working on. Ive lost interest in the project. Just dont have the time and energy to finish it. Slowly worked on it for the past 5 years. I dont want to give up on the car, but i think its time i should. I am hoping to get some advice on the relative value of what the car and parts. Heres what i have.

1991 Honda Prelude SR
Engine: B21A1 150,000km rebuilt top and bottom. Not in car. Cams, lifters still needs assembly.
Trans: 5 speed manual. New clutch in box. Not in car.
Body: No collision damage. Getting rusty at gas filler and front of hood.
Interior: looks like new.
Wheels: 2 sets. Winters and summers.
Notable: no missing parts. Driver front strut spring is cracked.

I could say what i think its worth, but im probably way off. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Advice:
Make an ad on craigslist or kijiji with lots of pictures. Post it in the ebay finds thread (stickied at the top of this 3rd gen section) and include your general location.

Further advice upon consideration:
Making it run and drive before selling would raise its value significantly.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
If I was looking for another 3rd gen, I probably wouldn't give more than $600 for the way you described what you're looking to sell. Rust and not having the engine assembled hurts the price significantly. Your saying the engine was rebuilt is too vague. People's definition of just what "rebuilt" means varies greatly. Who did the rebuild and exactly what was done? Having receipts for machine work performed would be crucial as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts