Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That's a couple of years worth of Chicago winters. The lady wants $1500 for this car, which is fucking ludicrous because kbb.com values it at $1200 in "fair" condition. This is clearly not in "fair" condition, and there's no way anyone's going to pay that much for a rusty car in California. It's been on the street for a week now, though, so maybe she'll be willing to budge, since she has to get rid of it to move.
I've poked at it with my finger, and it seems as solid as the rest of the roof skin. There's some lighter rust on other areas of the car, too. I'm just worried about the roof. It seems solid enough, but what worries me is that it's gone all the way to the edge of the windshield.

Would some sanding and filler do the trick, or is this gonna take more money/effort than the car is worth (it's got 134k miles on it, though! Immaculate, mechanically)

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
sure.. anything is repairable. but me, i think its a parts car. if the roof looks that bad, no telling whats lurcking behind fenders and what not.

is that just set in surface rust, or metal on the verge of opening with rust holes ?

i mean you say its as firm as the rest of the roof, but this is a prelude, so thats not saying much.

sand and seal surface rust.

replace rotten metal from rust with donor metal.

give it a month.. then offer her 500

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
dont go near that thing its too much hassle to fix, hold out you know you always see a better deal when you bought something! Just wait for abit until that deal arrives!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grr.. i want an Si so bad! I don't want to go through the hassle of re-wiring my S to do the swap, though. But my S's body is fucking cherry (relatively. Paint is bad, but the only dents are a couple of quarter-sized ones on the pass. door and fender). Even then, a grand is a lot for just an engine...

·
Registered
476 Posts
SquishyPanda said:
Grr.. i want an Si so bad! I don't want to go through the hassle of re-wiring my S to do the swap, though. But my S's body is fucking cherry (relatively. Paint is bad, but the only dents are a couple of quarter-sized ones on the pass. door and fender). Even then, a grand is a lot for just an engine...
Why buy another car with bad paint? do what someone else said, wait a week then offer her like 5-7 hundred.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts