Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its also called a ported vacuum switch. I see some available online with five ports, but not listed as a direct replacement. The switch may have the wrong pipe threads, and temperature where it activates.

I've deleted all my emissions on my 84 Prelude which should have nearly identical carburetors. The most important thing it controls is the auto choke. If you cant replace the thermovalve apply constant vacuum to the two ports on top of the auto choke.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Does anyone know where you could find a thermovalve for a B20A4 engine from 1989?

View attachment 29645 View attachment 29646
I think I have one laying around. I'll check my parts bins and get back to you.

Update: Found it. Contact me by PM if you still need one.

Update #2: Apparently the b20a4 uses a 5 port thermovalve so this one won't work. Guess I'll hang onto it in case someone else needs one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I have one laying around. I'll check my parts bins and get back to you.

Update: Found it. Contact me by PM if you still need one.
View attachment 29675

Update #2: Apparently the b20a4 uses a 5 port thermovalve so this one won't work. Guess I'll hang onto it in case someone else needs one.

Hey saw your recent post on someone looking for that thermovalve but it wasnt the one the needed, do you still have it? I tried to send you a PM but i guess my account is to new, let me know or message me if you can. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Hey saw your recent post on someone looking for that thermovalve but it wasnt the one the needed, do you still have it? I tried to send you a PM but i guess my account is to new, let me know or message me if you can. Thank you!
I saw your PM and responded to it. Yes, I still have it. See my response to your PM for details.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts