21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Honda Prelude
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
@Wing8806
@Vtecmec

So it's been about a week and my KS Tuned OEM Oil Pump with the balance shaft delete kit already assembled into it I ordered has been delivered. $20 dollars delivery through UPS Ground. And when they say ground, they don't mean it in a "ground sometimes" kind of way, all the way from the State of Washington. Whoever can't see the bigger picture in free fast shipping contracts with a logistics company I will never understand. But I digress. So I got the 5 oil line plugs which I'm gonna flip if the PSI increase blows out a gasket or something.

got the balance shafts actually out, too. Finishing up tomorrow will update

·
Registered
JDM 4th Gen Prelude 2.2 Vtec Turbo
74 Posts
The shaft delete is quite involved, fair play with the perseverance.

Probably worth making sure you thoroughly clean out the oil pickup, get a new paper gasket for it and ensure that the oil pan is not deformed where it sits.

·
Registered
1998 Honda Prelude
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The shaft delete is quite involved, fair play with the perseverance.

Probably worth making sure you thoroughly clean out the oil pickup, get a new paper gasket for it and ensure that the oil pan is not deformed where it sits.
I'd like to say I'm patient enough for getting the paper gasket, Right Stuff should do it, or no?

·
Registered
JDM 4th Gen Prelude 2.2 Vtec Turbo
74 Posts
I'd follow the rules on this one if it were me, given the pain in the ass if it does not work out.

·
Administrator
6,954 Posts
I've done 3 balance shaft deletes. It's not bad - just be cautious with how far you tap and install the plug near the oil pressure sensor.

Don't overdo the plug install in the crankshaft cradle.

My idle oil pressure is at 80psi. It warms up and sits around 25psi with 5w30 oil. My gauge is pinned when I get on the accelerator on the highway. Have yet to blow out any seals.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts