Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont get me wrong the prelude is a great car. but i must have gotten a lemon. i just dont understand. i have spent so much money to make my car nice im talkin....performance mods, exterior, interior, the works. but most of my money goes to fixing it. its an on going thing. its wearing me and my wallet out. i have had oil leaks, coolant leaks, electrical issues, bad coil pack, blown shocks, shakes and rattles everywhere, i mean i could go on. its getting ridiculous now. its time for me to move on from the prelude scene and getting something a little more reliable. im sorry fellas.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Gotta take care of your car. It is a 11yr old car though so...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Toyota.... my corolla has 170,000 miles...1990 (18-19year old car) never left me hanging by the side of a freeway. Only did oil change and some other minor maintenances.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Toyota.... my corolla has 170,000 miles...1990 (18-19year old car) never left me hanging by the side of a freeway. Only did oil change and some other minor maintenances.
Those corolla's and camry are ridiculous. My buddys first car was a corolla and it had 285k and it ran great.. never had and problems. One of my ex's drove her mom's camry that had 270k on the clock and the odometer had stopped working 2yrs prior to that. lol

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
to be honest any car has the potential to last much longer with little trouble. Its just that hondas and toyotas have a WAYYYYY higher percentage

I worked on a cavalier the other day. 250k miles on the original engine

·
The Australian
5,058 Posts
really unlucky man
if your looking for reliability i would look for another honda, even another lude
what would you get if you didn't get another honda?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts