Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread has been created for all you juice monkeys out there to post up videos of you spraying, pictures of your setups, and a chance to list your mods done to your car and the type of nitrous setup you are running (brand, jet size, tuning etc)

Use the following outline and fill it out, then post whatever you have whether it be a picture, video or both!

Car:
Motor:
Engine Mods:
Nitrous Brand:
Nitrous Shot Size:
Nitrous Extras:
Tuning:
Other Mods:

I put a "Car" category since i know there are a few on here with different honda's and included a "Other Mods" category as well so that you can list your tire setup, suspension setup etc.

If anybody feels i missed something that should be included in that outline feel free to let me know :wink2:

Post them up!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm currently working on installing a ZEX Wet kit on my '01 Lude with an H22Z1. It will be running just a small 55 shot. I'll be taking pictures and such along the way. I'll make sure to post them ASAP.

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
I'm currently working on installing a ZEX Wet kit on my '01 Lude with an H22Z1. It will be running just a small 55 shot. I'll be taking pictures and such along the way. I'll make sure to post them ASAP.
Whats an H22Z1? Canada thing?

The 55 jet will last a few weeks......:laugh:
Tell me how hard it is to NOT add another 20hp....
I went from 80 to 60(new setup with cams) to 75 to 100 and Im now toying with a 3 stage 125 shot.....Yes, nitrous is like crack! :yinyang:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Whats an H22Z1? Canada thing?

The 55 jet will last a few weeks......:laugh:
Tell me how hard it is to NOT add another 20hp....
I went from 80 to 60(new setup with cams) to 75 to 100 and Im now toying with a 3 stage 125 shot.....Yes, nitrous is like crack! :yinyang:
From my research in '01 a very small number of H22Z1's came out of the honda factory due to a problem with the engine blocks that were supposed to be installed (h22a4 i believe). So what they did was took the replacement block (the Z block) that you'd buy if your motor blew and used them instead which in turn made my car quite rare.

I'd definatly like to run more then a 55 shot but i'm told that a 75 shot on my mostly stock engine (injen cold air intake, 1 1/2" heads to hyper madalion 3" cat back exaust, street preformance throttle body spacer) and will run a lot higher of a risk of damage which I really want to avoid doing as i'd like to keep my rare engine virtually untouched. I currently have 65,000 miles on my engine so i'm sure it should be still new enough and in good enough condition to run a higher nitrous shot but it worries me. I'm I wrong in my assumtion?

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
I'd definatly like to run more then a 55 shot but i'm told that a 75 shot on my mostly stock engine (injen cold air intake, 1 1/2" heads to hyper madalion 3" cat back exaust, street preformance throttle body spacer) and will run a lot higher of a risk of damage which I really want to avoid doing as i'd like to keep my rare engine virtually untouched. I currently have 65,000 miles on my engine so i'm sure it should be still new enough and in good enough condition to run a higher nitrous shot but it worries me. I'm I wrong in my assumtion?
75 shot, 1-2 step colder plugs, and a few dyno passes, you should be fine......
My advice is have fun with the 55 shot, and if you get bored, you can always go up.....But I guarantee its ALMOST impossible to go down! :scool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
75 shot, 1-2 step colder plugs, and a few dyno passes, you should be fine......
My advice is have fun with the 55 shot, and if you get bored, you can always go up.....But I guarantee its ALMOST impossible to go down! :scool:

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure i'll end up eventually boosting it up to the 75 shot eventually.

·
Registered
178 Posts
-H22A swap (STOCK)
-Long tube header
-Cold air intake
-Phearable ecu
-Fidanza flywheel
-Spec clutch
-NO power steering \
>Just alternator
-NO air conditioning /
-13.92 all natural on street tires (NEED SLICKS BAD IF NE1 HAS NE 4SALE)

BBBBUUUUTTTTTTTT!!!!! It is completly GUTTED.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts