Honda Prelude Forum banner

**The Official Nitrous 1/4 Mile Thread**

15K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  SNOBORDBOY 
#1 ·
Since i know there are lots of you out there that have time slips from the 1/4 mile it only seems right that there is a thread that you guys can all post them up in.

Please copy and paste the following and fill in the details. If you do not know some of the details, use google to get the statistics for your city/town.

Please post slip then include the following

RT:
60':
1/8th mile:
1000ft:
1/4 mile:
MPH/KMPH:
Altitude:
Shot Size Used:
Motor Used:
Mods:

Post them up!!

#9 ·
if all goes well,, with my dyno session on march 16th
im saving for the few accessories in need too finish my n20 set-up
if there is no problems i will be spraying this summer both on the track
and on the street,,,best belive i will have videos,,,this is all pending my car running correctly on the 16th at the dyno so dont get too excited

what i need to spray my car is

e85 compatible solenoids---there actually cheaper than i thought
a n2o feed line
bottle heater
psi guage
dyno tunned to excatally a 100whp gain( e85 jetting is hard to set, other than on the dyno,, to get the excat hp and every car is different, something to do w the way e85 burns im told,, i geuss my tunner said it will be like running a 200hp shot jet but only get my close too 100hp gain?)

later on i will maybe run some sort of progressive control or just switch to ectune!!!

#10 ·
Without nitrous
RT: 0.629
60': 2.287
1/8th mile: 9.918
MPH:72.698

With nitrous

RT: 0.651
60': 2.161
1/8th mile: 9.081
MPH : 81.870

Altitude: 1863ft
Shot Size Used: 75
Motor Used: H22A4
Mods: im, zex nitrous, spyder auto cai, 2.5" exhaust welded straight to the collector, stock headers( still waitin on my dc's to show), cf hood, full interior except back seat and carpet, street tires inflated to 20psi, strut tower bars, 93 octane.

With nitrous my clutched slipped the whole way through 3rd, so i think it will be faster than that as soon as i can get a new clutch.

#11 ·
current new best on the 100shot

60ft..............1.799
1/8................7.390@97.5
1000ft............9.50
1/4.................11.32@125.5mph

was the best pass of the night for me all other pass's were 12.xx@120 plus mph
i think i can best it eventually w more seat time and w less spinning in 2nd gear
but the run was clean.................i have a vid of it i will load later on

#12 ·
New times:

RT - .709
60 - 2.426
1/8- 9.653 @ 77.95
1/4 14.6 @ 100

Im on a 75 shot with bolt ons and h23 tranny.

I dont know, Im not to happy with these times. I think I just had a bad night at the track tonight, I think I can squeeze this into 13's better raction times and a bottle heater

#15 ·
excatally wot switch ftw
also slicks really are the difference maker
you will be able too spray in 1st w slicks and proper driving
preloading ftw

#18 ·
its defentially better
my best 60ft times n/a on street tires is only 2.189.and a 13.8 in the 1/4..your decentlly close too that...

you need slicks im telling ya
your perty much stuck where you are intell you get them
fwd...ftl on traction

#19 ·
I know what slicks are, but how much of a difference is it from Nitto NT01's.

My launches are sloppy, my front passenger side wheel still seems like it wants to hop if I launch from 3 and floor it, so I have to baby it pretty much.

I think im done for the year now, i still need me a bottle warmer, nitrous pressure was kinda mheh, I could see it when I was purging.

#20 ·
I know what slicks are, but how much of a difference is it from Nitto NT01's.

My launches are sloppy, my front passenger side wheel still seems like it wants to hop if I launch from 3 and floor it, so I have to baby it pretty much.

I think im done for the year now, i still need me a bottle warmer, nitrous pressure was kinda mheh, I could see it when I was purging.
I would love to have that set of tires, but they do not make them in 16

#22 ·
Nope a larger wheel is going to move the weight you are rotating further from the hub, and it will slow you down, both E.T. and Trap speed.

There is actually a huge difference between slicks or drag radials, and the street tires you posted. The sidewalls on drag tires are designed to flex more, and the rubber compounds get much softer when heated, to really grip the track.It took me two nights at the track to even get my drag radials heated up and cycled enough to really grip, but when they did, it was so nice. I am still running n/a, and full weight, and cutting 2.0 60 ft times, at 3700 ft elevation.

#24 ·
Ill let you know, but not now, Im evening up on a few things on my end here.

Reason why I want bigger wheels, is because I dont get good traction when I launch from 3k ish. Tires spin. Im thinking a larger wheel will help better gripping for launching, and def a better trans would help out.

#25 ·
Ill let you know, but not now, Im evening up on a few things on my end here.

Reason why I want bigger wheels, is because I dont get good traction when I launch from 3k ish. Tires spin. Im thinking a larger wheel will help better gripping for launching, and def a better trans would help out.
these slicks are rather large and rather wide im gurenteeing good grip haha like with the h22 trans and upgraded clutch and my slicks i could almost gurentee youll shave a second off your time if not 1.2 seconds hahai think theyre either 26 27 or28 that ill get back to u on by 8.5 on a 15 inch wheel.smaller rims and big slicks = traction haha

#27 ·
Yeah a big tire on a smaller rim is going to be the best. I wish I had picked up the 225 drag radials, instead of the 205, but I got a smoking good deal, and they were available when I wanted them.

#29 ·
My newest time, first time on spray. I am in the right lane.

Jetted for a 100 shot, but my bottle pressure was only around 750-800 lbs. I have a fresh bottle for tomorrow, plus the track will be prepped better.

#30 ·
Today I ran consistent 13.2XXs, with a best of 13.259, and traps of mid 106 range, best slip will be scanned later. It was fun beating up on a bunch of domestics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.