Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i know there are lots of you out there that have time slips from the 1/4 mile it only seems right that there is a thread that you guys can all post them up in.

Please copy and paste the following and fill in the details. If you do not know some of the details, use google to get the statistics for your city/town.

Please post slip then include the following

RT:
60':
1/8th mile:
1000ft:
1/4 mile:
MPH/KMPH:
Altitude:
Shot Size Used:
Motor Used:
Mods:

Post them up!!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
what did you launch at 5000+ right? try launching a little lower like 3500 rpm get rid of some of that tire spin get your 60 a little lower.
LoL. No. I know how to launch my car. I did launch at 3500rpm exactly. I have a vid of the pass. (I have about 15 or so passes on that particular track. my best is a 2.24 60' on the same tires)
I dont know if its the track preparation was bad that night, but it seemed to spin way to easily. Like I am on a wet road. I spun 2nd bad when I shifted and 3rd.

Just check out my topic in the drag section so we can keep this sticky organized and not get offtopic.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
if all goes well,, with my dyno session on march 16th
im saving for the few accessories in need too finish my n20 set-up
if there is no problems i will be spraying this summer both on the track
and on the street,,,best belive i will have videos,,,this is all pending my car running correctly on the 16th at the dyno so dont get too excited

what i need to spray my car is

e85 compatible solenoids---there actually cheaper than i thought
a n2o feed line
bottle heater
psi guage
dyno tunned to excatally a 100whp gain( e85 jetting is hard to set, other than on the dyno,, to get the excat hp and every car is different, something to do w the way e85 burns im told,, i geuss my tunner said it will be like running a 200hp shot jet but only get my close too 100hp gain?)

later on i will maybe run some sort of progressive control or just switch to ectune!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Without nitrous
RT: 0.629
60': 2.287
1/8th mile: 9.918
MPH:72.698

With nitrous

RT: 0.651
60': 2.161
1/8th mile: 9.081
MPH : 81.870

Altitude: 1863ft
Shot Size Used: 75
Motor Used: H22A4
Mods: im, zex nitrous, spyder auto cai, 2.5" exhaust welded straight to the collector, stock headers( still waitin on my dc's to show), cf hood, full interior except back seat and carpet, street tires inflated to 20psi, strut tower bars, 93 octane.

With nitrous my clutched slipped the whole way through 3rd, so i think it will be faster than that as soon as i can get a new clutch.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
current new best on the 100shot

60ft..............1.799
1/[email protected]
1000ft............9.50
1/[email protected]

was the best pass of the night for me all other pass's were [email protected] plus mph
i think i can best it eventually w more seat time and w less spinning in 2nd gear
but the run was clean.................i have a vid of it i will load later on

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
New times:

RT - .709
60 - 2.426
1/8- 9.653 @ 77.95
1/4 14.6 @ 100

Im on a 75 shot with bolt ons and h23 tranny.

I dont know, Im not to happy with these times. I think I just had a bad night at the track tonight, I think I can squeeze this into 13's better raction times and a bottle heater

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
yep 60ft time needs work...
your mph is decent...
slicks and spraying the 75shot in 1st gear should get you close too 12's

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
First gear how the hell should I do that? I was thinking 2nd gear but 1st?

Im simple push button now. I spray in 3rd and 4th. I will probally give 2nd a try and even put the button into the pedal itself. So that Im at WOT.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
excatally wot switch ftw
also slicks really are the difference maker
you will be able too spray in 1st w slicks and proper driving
preloading ftw

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
IDk, Im going to take a 2 hour trip to island dragway tomorrow to see if I get some better times. WOT switch I will look into installing this week, I plan to return to etown on wednesday if i dont take a short trip to niagra falls this week.

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
New times:

60- 2.230
330-6.247
1/8-9.373 @82mph
1000-12.0
1/4- 14.182 @104

Better times, Im satisfied with a 14.1 as a time for now. Got in 5 runs. Ill get into the 13's sooner, I need to work on my launches still.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
its defentially better
my best 60ft times n/a on street tires is only 2.189.and a 13.8 in the 1/4..your decentlly close too that...

you need slicks im telling ya
your perty much stuck where you are intell you get them
fwd...ftl on traction

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
I know what slicks are, but how much of a difference is it from Nitto NT01's.

My launches are sloppy, my front passenger side wheel still seems like it wants to hop if I launch from 3 and floor it, so I have to baby it pretty much.

I think im done for the year now, i still need me a bottle warmer, nitrous pressure was kinda mheh, I could see it when I was purging.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I know what slicks are, but how much of a difference is it from Nitto NT01's.

My launches are sloppy, my front passenger side wheel still seems like it wants to hop if I launch from 3 and floor it, so I have to baby it pretty much.

I think im done for the year now, i still need me a bottle warmer, nitrous pressure was kinda mheh, I could see it when I was purging.
I would love to have that set of tires, but they do not make them in 16

1 - 20 of 36 Posts