Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I''m so glad that I'm finally actually able to make a progress/build thread. Woooo, it's been a long time coming.
First off, thank you, to the whole PP.com community and especially those that keep me motivated with words and\or progress on their own ludes.

I'm just gonna keep everything here and update this thread when I do things to the lude.

________________________________16JUL08______________
Got the other lude (the 89) to the house. along with the race car(the 90)

Finally got the 89 from my pop's house, $55 to get it towed to the "garage" (grandma's crib). I haven't smiled this much in a while. Tomorrow I start taking the dash out of the 89 to get a clearer view of things. Here's some pics in the meantime of what I'm starting with.

The car that started it all and will soon be getting started.

When she got here today:

Waiting patiently in the wings for her turn to shine

After a bath

What's going in her. Built B21A1

Oh yeahhhhh.......

She's also getting this(Dashboard, with clock cover!!!!)

I'll have more tomorrow when I take out the dash and unhook everything holding the engine in. Eventually I'll post up a full mods list, plans, etc.

Anyone wanna give me some wheels? I can prolly afford shipping at this point. Ha ha.
Love you guys, Peace!:camper:

_________________________17JUL08___________________________

So today I got the interior pretty much torn down, washed her again, and got some goodies for her.
Pics to follow:
This:

Soon became this:

Then:

And on to:

few randomz

Lookin like she just hit a line, or something slipped up her tailpipe fast:

Soon to be up outie:

Can't wait to claybar and wax this beast: Anyone know how to remove baked in plastic and adhesive more quickly and less harmful that scraping it off?

Rust coming thru on the hood. Anybody wanna donate a CF one?

Hopefully this buffs out.

Rust and scratches suck, paint's shiny tho:

Sparklay:

Grrrr:

I guess all the carpet was this color at one time:

Alas, it matters not:

Gotta get this crap off. Don't ask me what I was doing:

I have drill this weekend so, no progress. Should be done next week tho. My uncle is going to be taking out whatever's holding the engine in this weekend so we can pull it Monday and start on the other car to get em ready. I'm excited:Rock:

Vid I made of the exhaust and MSD 3-step Launch Controller. Enjoi

07May2011

Did a little work to my whip.

DA Integra CF C-pillar bar

Test fitting the new gauges. Looks like I'm going to have to go to a 88-89 cluster harness and mod it because there is no info on the 90-91 harness plugs

I've got trunk carpet now!!!!

Peace!

UPDATE! 23AUG2011 Post #90

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2828983&postcount=90

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
looking good man but why are you swaping everything over when its all in a reasonably decent body but good job

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just don't want to fix all the rust, change the windshield, put a heater back in, put a sunroof back in, get the title shit straight, or make it look good, all things I want in my daily, right now. The next setup that goes into is going to make this one look rookie, that i vow. My original plans were to get the 89 with a killer engine set up so.......doin it.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
need some corner lights?? i might have a set lying around if need be.... and thats just a awesome sight to see two 3rd gens sitting peacefully next to each other

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
need some corner lights?? i might have a set lying around if need be.... and thats just a awesome sight to see two 3rd gens sitting peacefully next to each other
Yeah, I was thinking of just picking up a set if I go to pull apart while I'm in Charlotte tomorrow. Pm how much you ant for them.

Yup, my fav pic is that one of the two from the front.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did some stuff today. Any suggestions on getting that crap off? When the car had the window busted, they put this self adhesive plastic over the windows, add summer heat and you got what's there. Bug and tar removers haven't worked. I'm afraid to try something like Goo Gone because I think that couldn't leave a pretty finish. Anyone know any tricsk? Share.

Peace!

·
Registered
121 Posts
go to the auto parts store..ask for adhesive remover and they should know what your looking for ..its in a spray can, spray it on the surface thats affected. let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes..you have to keep it slightly wet..and then rub it off with a towel..if its been on there for along time then your gonna have to redo it again until it all comes off..its very affective. does no harm to your paint. you must wash it with car wash after wards and polish it.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
go to the auto parts store..ask for adhesive remover and they should know what your looking for ..its in a spray can, spray it on the surface thats affected. let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes..you have to keep it slightly wet..and then rub it off with a towel..if its been on there for along time then your gonna have to redo it again until it all comes off..its very affective. does no harm to your paint. you must wash it with car wash after wards and polish it.
Thanks. I will def do that early next week.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
holy shit it's my old car!! (the one with the brown int...) i miss that car so much..

comin along good dex! i can't wait to see how it all turns out!

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow. 2 black 3rd gens? that is pretty cool. i love that glitter black It's awesome. Good luck with the project my man
Thanks bro. I love that paint too.

holy shit it's my old car!! (the one with the brown int...) i miss that car so much..

comin along good dex! i can't wait to see how it all turns out!
Yup, Told ya it was gonna be worthy. Thanks man, we'll have to meet up. I've got to make a thread in the meets section cause some other guys wanna hook up to.

Lookin' good man can't wait to see more progress! keep it comin!
Thank you man.

I can't wait til the morning. Ya'll got me ready to go outside now and start wrenchin. I'm fired up! to fire the beast up! Woooottttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :turn::burn:

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sweet man. that exhaust sounds pretty good from all i can tell. not raspy or anything. what is it?
It's a DC header, cat, 2in cat back with a magnaflow muffler. That chambered muffler cancels out a lot.
The 89's gonna have a 2.25in cat back. I'm not sure what muffler, if any I'm going with. I know I'll have to get a resonator tho since I hate the raspy sound. This is what's on the 89 now, muffler was stolen before I got the car:

Don't mind the current 'exhaust hanger'

I'm thinking of extending this straight on back with dual tips, flush with the rear bumper. I also thought about bringing it out the side, but I think the car's gonna be to low for that, in fact I'm sure of it.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.