Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car i Greenville for $800, the guy had wanted $1500 for it but i talked him down:wink2:.

The body has no rust and it has ugly tan interior. The car sat for about a year on a lot. The motor has some kind of problem, cylinder #3 has low compression so that might be the problem. I plan to boost this one, when i rebuild the motor. The front bumper has a square hole in it (I wonder how that happened). This is my second lude, its a 89 si non 4ws. For some reason it dose not have power locks, i though all thye si's came with power locks. I would appreciate any advise anyone has for me, because i have never rebuilt a motor before.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
my si doesnt have power locks..
the guy i bought it from wanted 1500, but i bought it for 600.

wish mine was black though :/

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
get new interior..
lol

i like the wing on mine, we have the same one.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good find. At least for 88/89, only the 4ws models had power locks. It also has the alloys exclusive to the 4ws (I'm pretty sure)...and the spoiler is the two-post type which means it's from a 90/91.

No rust FTW tho! I wish mine didn't have any... Good luck.
-B.

**EDIT: after reviewing the pic: Just noticed you do have a 3rd brake light...OEM spoilers have a LED brake light and yours does not, therefore yours has to be an aftermarket wing...

·
Registered
41 Posts
That car is the exact same as my first Lude.

Shit-brown interior, Black exterior, SI, No 4WS. 89...

Too bad she blew a rod on me though.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
**EDIT: after reviewing the pic: Just noticed you do have a 3rd brake light...OEM spoilers have a LED brake light and yours does not, therefore yours has to be an aftermarket wing...
yeah, it looks a lot thinner than mine..

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
my black lude has the shity looking tan interior also. good luck with your build im doing my first build soon (i hope lol)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just swap it to black if you dont like the brown. I bought my 88 Si 4ws with 249k miles. black on black for 1000, and my new 88 Si 4ws with 99K miles blue on blue ( I rather have the brown than blue) for 600$.

·
Registered
752 Posts
well rebuilding a enigne is not hard at all.i have rebuild my 88 s engine and rebuild my 89 si enigne that becomes my brothers first car in about 3 days. the si is a little harder because of the DOHC but the si has a hell of a lot less of vaccum lines to run. so if you need any help on that just pm me

·
Registered
752 Posts
BUt you got a really good find i got my s for 100 dollars runnig and my SI for 300 running both are rust free and the bottom of them looks brand new

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Not a bad buy for $800. Too bad about the engine though. Looks like someone pulled the fogs and installed the filler pieces from an S. Good luck with the rebuild.

BTW, what happened to the hood for your gauge cluster on the yellow lude?

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Nice. Where is West Cola? I'm from Greenwood and that's where my ludes are currently. When are you doing the rebuild? If you're semi close to me I def wouldn't mind helping out. Once I put some tires on the Sentra.

That wing is.........not pretty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts