Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been living in vegas the past 6 months or so. i moved back to san diego two weeks ago and i had a friend drive my tsx back, but i had to leave the prelude there at my sister's house. friday comes around and i was gonna go pick up the car, but i get a call from my sister saying that the car isn't there anymore... i file a report and get a call the next morning. the only info i had at that time was that it was "stripped and undriveable". i hauled ass to vegas and spent 4 hours and the most abysmal and awful tow yard i've ever been to in my life. the only things that weren't taken were the engine, brakes and suspension. they even took the cam gears and spark plug wires! ruthless...

it's currently at CNC Racing (itb lude) out there and they have parted it out for me. the shell got fucked up at the tow yard so i'm not going to bother with it anymore... i'll eventually get some pics of it, but i don't know if i'll post them because it's just gross.

everybody please keep an eye out for parts. specifically the welded intake, corbeau seats, yellow cf hood, new set of mustardcats stbs, cusco front stb, jdm oew lip, brand new koyo radiator, and anything else that you might notice from the car. most of you know the setup... thanks.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
that blows dude I would sue the tow yard for messing up the car more then it already was and see if they can get some prints off the car

·
Registered
347 Posts
so they took time to take the cams, which means they took the valve cover off and unbolted all like idk 24ish bolts?..... but they didnt take the whole engine... seems to me it woulda been easier just to rip the whole damn engine out, since they could really give two shits less if they messed the car up

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it didn't have any wheels so they had to drag it so the underbody was fucked anyways. had to get a winch and pull it up to get wheels on it which broke the radiator support and crunched a headlight. front fenders got screwed up and the rockers were rusted anyways so those disintegrated. i don't really have a case against the yard and there weren't any signs of forced entry.

they didn't take the cams, just the gears. they bashed the valve cover and cut the timing belt.

i only had basic coverage, so all in all, i'm SOL.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
mother fuc, I hate to hear about your loss. I hope that this does not stop you from building another lude later on.

Well, most of the parts will not do them any good unless they have a Prelude, so they either have one or will be looking to off the parts somewhere. I'll keep my eyes out.

·
Registered
333 Posts
wow.. Im sorry to hear about that. I hope they find the guys.. Those are pretty rare parts I would think if they are openly being sold u might get lucky..

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Wtf, that totally blows. Sorry to hear about this man. They usually do it to newer cars, our preludes are hard enough to come by as it is without some douche bags destroying them. I'll keep a look out on the east coast and on craigslist doubt they'll make it this far though.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
You never know. They might be a bunch of idiots and not know there is a large following on these cars and try to e-bay them or even come on here and try to sell them. Most thieves are not that smart, why do you think the prisons are full of them.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Was that Fly's old car?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
does your sister owe money or is she into drugs?
cuz that seems pretty convenient of the thieves..
unless she lives in the ghetto.

but that fucking blows man.. i fucking hate cocksuckers that are too stupid and lazy to actually EARN a paycheck.
id rather be broke then steal from someone whos earned it.
fuck.
i hate them almost more than i hate illegal immigrants who drive drunk and kill people and get off with a six year sentence then a deportation just so they can come back and do it again.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
Was that Fly's old car?
yes

Hmm so the sister didnt say anything untill u called??
i was wondering about that too.
you said there were no signs of forced entry, which means they either had a key, or a slim jim.
and i'd think your sister would hear the car start up and go running outside to see whats goin on.

whem mike told me about this, i figured it had been stolen from somewhere normal, and stolen in a normal fashion. but hearing what you posted here, it sounds as if they had an actual key to the car. i'd be skeptical about your sis, no offense.
did your sis have a key to it?
was the ignition damaged at all?
did your sis call as soon as it was stolen? or did she wait a while? or did she not tell you until you called her?

the location that they found the car at;
how far was that from your sister's place?
do you or her know anyone that lives right near there?

9 times out of 10, cars that get stripped are dumped within a mile of the thief's house

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
you said there were no signs of forced entry, which means they either had a key, or a slim jim.
and i'd think your sister would hear the car start up and go running outside to see whats goin on.

whem mike told me about this, i figured it had been stolen from somewhere normal, and stolen in a normal fashion. but hearing what you posted here, it sounds as if they had an actual key to the car. i'd be skeptical about
thats why i brought up the question about drugs or money..
or maybe shes just shady.

non the less, something seems fishy..

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
yes

whem mike told me about this, i figured it had been stolen from somewhere normal, and stolen in a normal fashion. but hearing what you posted here, it sounds as if they had an actual key to the car. i'd be skeptical about your sis, no offense.
did your sis have a key to it?
was the ignition damaged at all?
did your sis call as soon as it was stolen? or did she wait a while? or did she not tell you until you called her?

the location that they found the car at;
how far was that from your sister's place?
do you or her know anyone that lives right near there?

9 times out of 10, cars that get stripped are dumped within a mile of the thief's house
Hey Motoxxxman, you know how easy it is to get into our cars even without a key. I don't want to say at the moment, someone might be lurking. I've gotten into my ride a few times with out a key, again, not how but that I have gotten in....the thing that keeps getting me is, how did they move ther car without a key? So might have something going there. They had to have 1) jack the ignition 2) had a key 3) got in and put it in neutral and pushed it somewhere. I'm leaning towards the key part. I would have a nice heart to heart talk with your sister, pretty dam quick.

Again, sorry for your loss but something does not smell right here. Did you ever piss off your sister at some point in life? I know women can be mean and I mean really dam mean if you ever cross them the wrong way. Prove me wrong.

You should save the parts that you can and see if you can start your rebuild.:thumbs-up:

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Sorry for your loss but I have to agree with them on the theories on how it was stolen.

If the put it in neutral and pushed it they would still need a key so the steering wheel wouldn't lock.
Posted via Mobile

1 - 20 of 68 Posts