Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty stoked as my Tokico Blue's arived today. My coilovers are in the mail. Aparently they aren't Cround Controls as I thought the description said. I called and asked and they said that they aren't GC's but that the springs are manufactured by Eibach. I guess when they get here I'll look at them and see what I think as far as their quality.

I bought the camber kit for all four wheels and I'm trying to decide upon the upper bushings. I couldn't get them here in time for saturday when I plan to do the work so I may just have the shop do them later.

I've also gotten two performance axels from a local import tuner shop that I'm going to install at the same time... the current ones vibrate and pop and snap all the damn time.

I plan on grabbing an alignment right after I'm done with the work so I'll post pics when it's done. It's the first of many things I want to do with the lude. Next I'd like to build the engine up enough to put a fairly signifigant shot of nitrous on it.

For anyone who cares my car is a 1989 SI AWS. I've searched plenty on the install. If anyone has anything they want to remind me of feel free to do so. But I'm pretty confident it won't be problem.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
Eibach springs have a number code on each one.

200.56.48 something like that

if it dont have the number, they aint Eibach.

that number can be looked up at the Eibach site for spring specs.
(first number is heigth in mm, 2nd number is width in mm(i think) 3rd number is spring compression load in lbs. (again i think)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thats good to know. I can find out for sure if the dude's shitting me at least... :/ And the springs are IMHO one of the more crucial parts to the quality of the ride :(

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
DarkHorse3d said:
Well thats good to know. I can find out for sure if the dude's shitting me at least... :/ And the springs are IMHO one of the more crucial parts to the quality of the ride :(
If installing yourself, my number one tip would be to not use the rubber dampers included with the kit.

The rears are the wrong size and won't fit, the fronts are way too freakin thick. The shaft won't even be exposed enough to thread.

Others may have other opinions, but in my situation, there was no other alternative.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I upgraded them because I intend to have the B20 I have sitting built and I want to possibly boost the car or put nitrous on it or both. And I got the axels for about 25$ more a piece than I could have from Auto Zone so I figured why not... hell maybe they'll last longer then.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A friend of mine works at CIT and got them at his price. I figured it was worth it... maybe not but hey what's 50 bucks right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts