Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Honda Prelude Si
100 Posts
Currently im on 17s at stock ride hight. These were dirt cheap and in great shape with good rubber from my Honda mech..... but they are by far not my favorite. I think 16s are all the bigger I would go if you are buying new (I would never buy NEW, so many options for dirty cheap aftermarket honda wheels).

I think for daily drivers.....the Ksports will be your best bet. Ive only seem a couple horror stories but 99% have been glowing reviews. 1funryd on here is a distributor. And if you take care of your car and do not absolutely trash them. I'm pretty sure can be rebuilt on the cheap down the road.

If I beat you to low.....ill post pics.
Check out my build thread....ive got a pic of a different set of 17s on it so you can see. But really I think 16s are the sweet spot.
Automotive parking light Car Plant Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Sky Wheel Automotive parking light Car

Wheel Tire Sky Car Cloud

·
Registered
1989 Honda Prelude Si
100 Posts
View attachment 31862
these are the wheels i had in mind if i buy brand new ones. these are rotiform las-r 17x8+30 (got the idea from another member on this site)

now on the other hand i’m DEFINITELY considering buying used 16 inch wheels off ebay.

if i buy USED wheels they would be 16x8

if i buy NEW wheels they would be the rotiforms 17x8

with all that being said what is your opinion on the rotiforms??? also how wide are your 17 inch wheels???? nice 3rd gen! thanks for the reply!
Thanks man. She is still a work in progress. Had to hack up her twin automatic sister for parts. And I fully tore down all of the suspension / steering / Break components....blasted and painted them....and went back in with Super Pro poly bushings. Was a real chore....but so worth it.

My wheels are 8" wide.

As far as the rims you pictured...they are not really my style....but neither are mine lol....the extra ring in the center does kinda fix my issue with 17s on these cars tho. The stock break rotors / callipers are tiny. And IMHO just look kinda goofy with a giant open wheel set. Ive been told you can get dual piston calipers off some older Acura Legends....but ive not spent much time researching the swap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts