Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im only starting a new thread because the same people that have ben waiting for them to be in might not check up on the old thread all that often...or something like that i dunno. check it out

WOOT!!!, took me about 2 hours from start to finish, that was working slowly and cleaning some of the things behind the bumper cover while i was in there. i think they look good, what about you guys?

i do just ask that you guys dont make fun of my car for the front bumper and the hood. the guy that had the car before me hit a deer with the car, and never painted the hood. it was primed and thats how it stayed the whole time i had it. after sitting in my garage for almost 3 years (with a blown engine), it got sorta rusty, so just look past the bumper and hood lol. they will be fixed asap.

the ONLY fitment issues i had was because of the bent radiator support. thats it, otherwise, they fit like oem lights. the gaps youll kinda see if you look hard in the pics is NOT because of the lights. its because, again, the guy before me hit a deer and didnt fix it right.:bash: TIME FOR PICS!!!

these are the ghey old projector lights.

this is during the removal of the old ones with the bumper off.

and here...is...some AFTER SHOTS

Reactions: m0nkey

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Those aren't bad looking...I like them

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
They don't look like they fit very well on the outer edges. They don't line up with the fender/bumper at all.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
danny_d19 said:
They don't look like they fit very well on the outer edges. They don't line up with the fender/bumper at all.
i explained that...its because the guy who had the car before me hit a deer and didnt fix it right. the others fit the same way, and ill soon be pulling out the fenders a bit and replacing the front bumper cover. then ill be good. its NOT because of the lights, they fit right. you cant tell from the pics, but the lights are where they should be. the front end is a little off.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i realy miss the lines across the headlight it brings the feel of the vent across the lense.

but i give you props for biting the bullet and going with something different.

i may have gotten these to replace my ugly discolored jdms that i got screwed on ebay with. but that means soldering on new plugs again.

pm me i may be able to hook you up with some plugs.

·
Registered
688 Posts
you can get new plugs from pep boys for like 11 bucks a piece. not positive on the price

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
looks good... but arent the authentic jdm's like $50 more?

its all preference i guess... nice pick up.

·
Registered
111 Posts
the replicas look real good now thanx to u i might cop a set

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
that sucks about the low beams but i think those lights look good, its about time the prelude gets some new options on headlights. other then the jdm headlights and projectors. now they need to start making lower priced engine mods.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jdawgs92ludesi said:
damn nice and i see it didnt take 3 hours to put them in and it only took two for you to do a complete install and to clean while you were at it.....
lol, no way in hell it coulda ben done in 10 minutes, but you were right. it didnt take 3 hours.

update: went to napa today and got some 9006 bulb sockets (for a buick riviera) is all they had. went out and test fitted em on the bulbs, they fot, bought em, went home and cut off the old connectors and soldered the new ones on and BAM! i got low beams.

thanks for the replies guys, i know some are hatin (but thats how it goes) i didnt expect everyone to like my fake haedlight lol. but im glad it helped those in deciding if they wanted them. IF i could get really good used jdm headlights that i saw before purchasing and knew who had em and knew they worked and all, id rather have those. but maybe not...for the sake of being differnt.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok guys, its ben probably ben about 2 weeks or so since ive had these on my car, and a few weeks and a couple of rainstorms later they are holding up EXTREMELY good. i must say, im impressed. no condensation whatsoever. i have to admit, even though i saw the quality of them when i got them and all, i was a little weary of the condensation part. but there is NONE. im happy.

just figured id give everyone a little follow up on how they hold up against the elements. and to those who live in jersey, you know what this time of year brings (weatherwise). we get some pretty heavy rain around here. i know the deleware river is up about 2 feet, so thats alot of precipitation. but they hold up great, i just wanted to let everyone know.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
anyone have any tips on getting the beams adjusted right, mine are always adjusted to high and i cant get them down enough.. i pull near a wall and do it that way...

·
Registered
688 Posts
i'm prolly gonna get some of those for the lude i might be getting<number 2>

1 - 20 of 29 Posts