Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like a true luder finally. Those of you who dont know, i recently was screwed when i bought my 89 carb lude back in Nov 05. it ran well for a few days then just fell apart and i was screwed. Thank god i found this site!! Basicly im just writting to say thank you to those of you who helped, and apoligize to those who i annoyed with "noob questions" lol. Anywho next pay check i plan to donnate to the site. i went from not knowing how to change my oil to replacing my motor all on my own, and with the help of PP.com and a Chilion guilde.

Repairs I have made:
Replaced my a3 with a jdm b20a Carb.
ACT Clutch kit
Tokio Blues
Rebuilt my carbs,
Air box mod *idea from 2nd genners*
Ground wire upgrade

now im gona work on how she looks cause she is quite beastly...

thanks again,
-Tomkatt

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I saw your post on the B20aCarb motor... !

Great idea! How does it run... how it is powerwise?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
runs like a champ! got it from nippon motors with only 28k on it *strongly recomended to anyone btw!!* Ive noticed a big hp increase, i can peel out now, takes off fast. its quiet *too quiet sometimes i think its not running and try to start it over only to get yelled at from the started lol*, my whole car doesnt shake like it did with the A3, no smoke what so ever, and i filled up my tank about 10 days ago and im still over 3/4. im running a little lean right now probly my carbs, i dont have the tools or the experence to figure it out so next pay check im taking her down to the Honda dealership to get a diagnostic and make sure i didnt mess any vac lines up.

btw, the b20a carb motor is very different from the A3 motor in alot of ways, i have some pics of the motors with the valve cover off and i plan to put up a write up very soon. If anyone owns a carb motor thats on its way out i strongly suggest the b20a carb swap. My prelude is a california version *it is very different!! ive seen other carb ludes, same year in the junk yard and the vac lines are very different because of emissions* i would love to hear anyone elses experence doing the same that isnt a CA lude, im thinking theres probly more HP that way

·
Registered
330 Posts
Crikey mate! Good for you. It never hurts to ask questions, especially with the wealth of knowledge here @ preludepower.com. Best of luck man and good job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts