Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TEXASBB6'S progress thread

My name is Kris and i just bought Prelude number two. I plan to restore and make this prelude mine. I bought this car from a BBA member in Austin Tx. So here it goes.

So i have had the car about two weeks and have already added:

2003 ap1 steering wheel

More to come with the interior but that is it so far.

Engine has been swapped to a h23 vtec. The PO did a wire tuck which I am going to finish.

So far I removed the short ram intake and reinstalled the factory air box. I modified the sri tube to work with the stock air box and have a k&n airfilter coming for it.

The trunk is my next project, this is what i am starting with. I ordered a red top optima battey and a new battery tie down. I am going to remove this set up and clean the hell out of the trunk. I am replacing the driver tail light and both gaskets so i can stop the water entering the trunk. The trunk is getting a low key but custom fiberglass box for my sub and amp.

I will update this when the project starts.

·
Registered
573 Posts
It's just low traffic not no love.

You say 'restoration' so what all are the plans other than the wire tuck and trunk subs? If you're not doing many upgrades for performance then what about the aesthetics dept.?

Austin's a fun town, but your traffic blows. I'll be there soon to score some BBQ. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just low traffic not no love.

You say 'restoration' so what all are the plans other than the wire tuck and trunk subs? If you're not doing many upgrades for performance then what about the aesthetics dept.?

Austin's a fun town, but your traffic blows. I'll be there soon to score some BBQ. ;)
Lol yeah bbq is good there. With the car i want to return it back to a nice clean lude again. The car used to be stripped. I am getting it painted next year and will be replacing all the trim. I have alot of plans for the interior and will putting that together as i go. Performance wise it will stay how it is at the moment. The h23 and tune it has the car freaking moves. It makes my old 99 base look like a turd. But after the car is where i want it a k24 and rotex super charger will be making its way in.

Kris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those look great, nice pickup
Thanks they have some clear coat issues but i am going to strip them paint the inner spokes a gun metal or something like that and polish the spokes. Then i am going to clear coat them again.

Kris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The cars moving along parts are coming in but the weather has sucked here :(. Got the new optima battery, hold down, left tail light. Just got to get a clear day and i will get the install going and pics taken.

Kris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts