Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clean the tape deck? The light is on with the radio.
Just like the head with some rubbing alcohol?

I don't think I have ever had to clean a tape deck.. lol damn cds are so easy..

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Clean the tape deck? The light is on with the radio.
Just like the head with some rubbing alcohol?

I don't think I have ever had to clean a tape deck.. lol damn cds are so easy..
or get a casette cleaning tape...but alcohol and q tip (sponge kind not the white fuzzy ones) would be fine

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
You might have to go to a second hand store or a pawn shop, not too sure where you can find a tape casette cleaning tool anymore. e-bay?

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
Not sure this belongs in the 3rd gen section, but cleaning the tape deck is easy. You need cotton swabs and denatured alcohol. Isopropyl leaves a residue and can cause the tape to stick to the pinch roller. Just put a few drops of denatured alcohol on a swab and clean the head and capstan (pinch roller).

You should be able to get a cassette cleaning kit from wal-mart. It should come with alcohol and a special cassette that has felt pads instead of tape inside it. you then just put a couple drops of alcohol on the pads and play the tape for a few seconds.

·
Elite bitches
2,433 Posts
or get a casette cleaning tape...but alcohol and q tip (sponge kind not the white fuzzy ones) would be fine

this is now a collectors item, let alone the tape deck. I was Cleaning my garage and I found an A-track player and about 150 A tracks.

now thats old.....:tounge: not mine but the previous owners.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
this is now a collectors item, let alone the tape deck. I was Cleaning my garage and I found an A-track player and about 150 A tracks.

now thats old.....:tounge: not mine but the previous owners.
A-track = 8 Track
I have some 78 records

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
I had an 8-track player in my first car (66 Chevelle). Had about 2 dozen tapes all over my car. Talk about a storage problem, lol.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ohh yes I know they are Old - just using it to connect the ipod to the car right now.
Umm I think it belongs here, it the light on the oem tape deck of the car *duknow*

Ya that was the cleaner I was thining about. Damn 10$!!! well its just a light for now, I will try the q-tip first.

Anyone ever had that light come on in it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
My light was on for a while too. It took me about three months to find a cleaner. I finally found one in a pawn shop for a dollar. If you just want the light to turn off all you have to do is push it with a pen and hold it until it turns off.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats what I was looking for..
The Pen!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts