Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm hooking up a wet system on my 5'th gen in the garage right now, how and were is the best place to tap into the fuel line?

never mind just finished it up, wow it was a kick a fifty shot at wot is insane the first time you do it!

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zelseman said:
you might want to build that engine a bit before blastin away at the nitrous, just my $.02
what would you sugest needs work for a fifty shot wet?

·
Registered
171 Posts
poet said:
what would you sugest needs work for a fifty shot wet?
nothing. you are fine, just get colder spark plugs and you will be straight.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Make sure you run the highest grade fuel.. ;) and have fun.

If you kick it up to 75 get an octane booster or something to be safe. I'd also make sure your injectors are clean if you don't have a lean disarm.

PS-- What kit did you get..?

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Attaus said:
Make sure you run the highest grade fuel.. ;) and have fun.

If you kick it up to 75 get an octane booster or something to be safe. I'd also make sure your injectors are clean if you don't have a lean disarm.

PS-- What kit did you get..?
i just got the nitrous exspress single stage efi wet kit. pretty easy install.

J

·
0 Posts
50 requires what...1 degree retard and i always do 2 step colder plugs.

you dont need any "build up"

its about shot vs disp or shot vs cylanders. a 50 shot on a v8 is nothing...its about 6hp/cylander. on a 4 cylander its 12...see the diff.

·
Registered
541 Posts
im spraying 50 dry...on a second gen i just got chrom molly rings.. i dont think a 50 can do much to your engine unless you use cheap gas and have detonation in one of the cyl. running lean isnt an isue for me either.. im getting an adjustable fpr just to be safe...and ill run her a lil rich on drag nights.. but i dont think with the wet kit you have anything to worry about.. improper usage and instalation and no knowlege is what breaks engines... old fuel pumps, shity plug wires, shity oil etc...

Steve~

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
I also have a similar question. Is it okay to tap into the fuel line on the end of the fuel rail near the FPR like this picture? I honestly don't know if that is a fuel line for nitrous, i just pulled it off a thread curious if I can do this? Can the fuel come from this part of the rail? I would assume yes seeing as the rail is just a holding cell for the fuel and it is filtered at this point.

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
Should be fine, the fuel system is pressure regulated so I imagine that it coming off the fuel rail offers the same ammount of pressure. I use it off the fuel return lane.

·
Registered
812 Posts
How about tapping the fuel LINE itself? The one that goes from our fuel filter to fuel rail. I know some one that just tapped the line with a T fitting and he seems to be spraying a 75 wet shot on his b20v fine.

My tuner said it was a stupid idea though, although i didn't really ask for a explanation as to why, anyone have any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
you can tap into that line I know for sure. Someone on these boards did it, but they tapped in on the banjo bolt with a fitting. He ran a 75 shot for a very long time. If you tapped in the middle of the line just make sure your t-fitting is on there good so nothing leaks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts