Tail of the Dragon Meet Official Day - Sunday April 5th, 2011

••Information Updated April 20th, 2011••​

:emthup:Next Official Meet Date:emthup:
June 5th, 2011

•Meet Location•
-------------------
Rite Stop Food Mart, 102 Calderwood Hwy, Maryville, Blount, Tennessee 37801
-------------------
From this location we will ride "The Dragon" together.

•Meet Time•
-------------------
12:00 PM to 12:30 PM
-------------------
Once 12:30 PM comes, we will leave together whether you are there or not.
Unless you contact me stating where you are.

•General Information•
-------------------
  • This Event is Free.
  • There is a restaurant at the top, plan to eat there.
  • KillBoy will be present taking pictures.
  • We will try to run "The Dragon" atleast twice.
Rain Day Plans
If the event was to fail due to rain, it will be forwarded three Sundays ahead.

If you have any questions regarding this event, please feel free to PM me or call/text me at 865-206-0998.

Also, you may add me on Facebook.
Facebook Profile

Aaron, JR, James, Kevin
All Members of Preludepower

Dragon Teaser

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we really need to get something going, and I want it to be well known about in hopes to have atleast 7/8 participants.

Feel free to add me on Facebook. The link is below. I will add you to my "Prelude Meet of Knoxville" group where I can better know who will be making it.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=815957678

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey Aaron, mile marker 2.9 is that little place I was telling you about last night.

I'd be down for it just anything Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm shot cause of school.
I thought you only had night classes?? I'm sure you can skip just one day. :evil smile:

You try talking Katie into skipping all the time.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Aaron, mile marker 2.9 is that little place I was telling you about last night.

I thought you only had night classes?? I'm sure you can skip just one day. :evil smile:

You try talking Katie into skipping all the time.

Alright Kevin, we could all stop and check it out. Also, we could stop at the scenic view point at the top. I know we are going because we are passionate about driving our cars, but we might as well enjoy the scenery too!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyle, you don't know it yet....But you will be attending. Your desire will continually build until you cannot take anymore from the thought of not attending our "Dragon Meet."

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there anyway we can do the run on a Sunday? If so I can get a couple more preludes to do the run with us...:)
From what its looking like already, the event date may be moved back to Sunday April 3rd, 2011.

Everyone just let me know if Sunday will work out better. I would be willing to substitute the idea of the Dragon being clear for a larger participant/participation number.

Thanks, Aaron.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Classes start at 2 for me I don't like skipping Tuesday classes cause thats when I have shop class. That Sunday the 3rd is shot to cause of prior commitment to good ol' unlce sam unless I can convince my team leader to let me make it up. Whatever y'all decide I'm sure it won't be the only one.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Alright Kevin, we could all stop and check it out. Also, we could stop at the scenic view point at the top. I know we are going because we are passionate about driving our cars, but we might as well enjoy the scenery too!
I usually like to run a section then pull off and chill and then run a section and pull off and chill. If only a small group of us go say maybe 8 to 10 there are plenty of pulloffs that we can all fit on. Running the whole thing one way and then the other repeatedly is extremely hard on your brakes, engine, and transmission.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I usually like to run a section then pull off and chill and then run a section and pull off and chill. If only a small group of us go say maybe 8 to 10 there are plenty of pulloffs that we can all fit on. Running the whole thing one way and then the other repeatedly is extremely hard on your brakes, engine, and transmission.
Thats fine by me Kevin, and I'm sure no one else will mind. This will help prolong the length of the meet as well. I sure don't want it only lasting one entire hour.

On another note!

Official meet date has been adjusted. Please see the top post.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts