Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem, i think its a fuse (or relay) but id like some input.

My dash lights and tail lights went out (i think at the same time)
I have brake lights, but no tail or reverse lights.
Ive checked all the fuses and i didnt find any were bad.

Since they've gone out, my dash lights came on for about 2 min then went off again and havent come back since.

please help, i dont know how many more times i can get pulled over and get away with it

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
well of course you shouldnt drive without them but sounds like a short somewhere and that could be fun to try to find

·
Registered
786 Posts
sounds like the headlight switch went bad. but that wouldnt explain no reverse lights, but it would explain taillights and dashlights.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah i had/have the same problem... i checked the combo switch, its fine, i checked all fuses and relays under the hood and under the dash, they are all fine... i still have not found the problem but ive taken a light to most the wires and somewhere between under the dash and the engine bay wireharness has somethin wrong... in the mean time you can splice a wire into the corner lights on your headlights and connect it directly to the battery and it should light up dash lights, tail lights, and blinkers, also dims the temp/gas and clock.

was that any help?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Definately a short, had the same problem. Had some wires grounding out on the frame in my engine bay.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I had the same problem with my crx it was fuse related but it wasn't the fuse at all, turn out the cotacts slot where the fuse plug in wasn't making contact with the fuse i had to wiggle/play around with the fuse till it made contact took several tries of pulling the fuse out and putting back in before i saw a spark and it started working after that.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Had the same problemma with mine right after I got it... In the harness going to the fuse box on the kickpanel (drivers side), I can't remember which one it is but one of the power wires (red) going into the fuse box arc'd on mine and burned up... That's what happined on mine... Worth checking it out on yours.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the input, still havent found the problem. All fuses are good, i checked all relays and they are good too. The bulbs and tail light harness are good so i guess the only thing left is the switch and the wires.
Tomorrow ill take your guys advice and check some plugs and look for grounds somewhere.

I cant stand electrical problems, hopefully ill find a fix soon

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem except that my reverse lights do work. i was driving down the road when all of a sudden I lost one head light, both tail lights and my dash lights at the same time. i checked my fuses and they were fine, so i checked the bulbs and they were all burnt out so i replaced them and now the head light works, but the tail lights and the dash lights still don't.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ok is your fuse and this is cuz something is toching like it colud bee from your radio or something you just add need more info hit me up

·
Registered
491 Posts
fuse under your hood samething happen to me so i pust a 30, lol keep checking them because they will blow

1 - 16 of 16 Posts