Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, guys I was not sure about this guy on ebay. He is posting his buy it now price for: $192.00 + $39.99 s/h

I just wanted to give a heads up to those looking for a turbo, but I don't know about these, so check it out.

It looked good for the price, but we all know what the saying is for that!

Anyways take a gander and let the Turbo experts form their opinions!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4-GREDDY-STYLE-TURBO-STAGE-3-Boost-Up-to-25Psi-TO4C_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ8059328145QQtcZphoto#ebayphotohosting

Looks nice though.:)

·
Registered
750 Posts
nononononono i just went through that...it says greddy STYLE it isnt a greddy turbo its a cheap xspower like knockoff dont bother

for all of you looking...just save the money and get the garrett (true garrett) turbos..dont buy this shit

remember "if its too good to be true it usually is"

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you bought from this guy? And is was an XS power Turbo?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Generally when you see those it's GReddy internals, not a GReddy turbo.

The only way you'll see that price is if it's used.

But, like playboy said.. go for Garrett.

·
Registered
750 Posts
its basically a remanufactured turbo. Its possible that at one point it could have been a greddy core, and when the turbo kicked it these guys bought it and rebuilt it. And not very well might i ask. its most likely got inferior quality internals and the compressor shels on them may be exactly like the XS power turbos, the crack in half.

Heres another rule
"IF IT DOESNT SAY GARRETT IT ISNT GARRETT, DONT BUY IT"

same for greddy, airresearch, turbonetics. These are all good names.

I know that turbo looks very tempting (prolly because of the nicely cnc milled turbine intake hole) and there doesnt seem to bee excessive clearance between the shell and the turbine. but i really wouldnt trust that

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
yep

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Pipe is pipe, just make sure it has rolled lips on the end so they don't come apart under boost.

An intercooler is an intercooler for the most part, as long as it is made well (no splitting welds, has the proper internal configuration).

·
Registered
978 Posts
True.. but there are certain capacities for intercoolers. The bigger they are, the more power they hold.

The only way to measure the difference between intercoolers is through percent loss.. right? I'm not too sure..

But as far as FMIC's go, I'd rec. Godspeed and Spearco (if you can afford it).

The turbo is by far one of the most important pieces (besides tuning).. you're talking about a 4 inch rod spinning at 80,000 RPM..

A friend of mine's parents owned a Lotus Espirit, and a TINY piece of schratnel (sp?) was found.. I mean miniscule.. and it tore apart the turbo. The engine had to be entirely replaced.

So, like the other members have said.. spend the extra dollars and get Garrett or Turbonetics.

Precision is good too if you can find one.

·
Registered
750 Posts
THATS whats i was trying to remember precision i could not remember that for the life of me it was bugging me all day when i posted my last post listing different turbos...thanks man i can sleep now

·
Registered
750 Posts
i hate having to constantly search high and low for a quality t3 or t3/t4 turbo. its got to the point that i wont even take a second look at the turbos on ebay unless they actually say garrett, airresearch or other quality named turbos..it pisses me off when i see the number of shit ass knock offs on there specially when im having such a hard time finding a well priced good condition t3 series turbo.. kill me now ive never been so stressed over such a stupid little thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts