Honda Prelude Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
So i was leaving my neighborhood and a lady ran the 4 way stop t-boned me and spun my around. The insurance tried to total it but after some negotiation and sending a couple receipts to show how much has been put into my car they decided to fix it. This is the 3rd time someone has hit my car! Its getting really gay! On to the pics...

So it will have a new quarter panel, wheel/tire, door, a-arm, and front lip were it was damaged from being towed.
your story is so identical to mine is scary

lady that hit my joint said the same thing yours did, "didnt see the stop sign" the whole thing cost about 3.1k to fix and about 3 weeks of rocking a rental

check out a damage and a repair shot

·
Registered
787 Posts
^^ Did they bondo that? Fail.
the new quarter panel didnt stretch the length of door on the top part.

what they did was cut the old part that was damaged and bondo the seam of what new part brought with the old piece that was on the car

edit, forgot to mention the car was almost considered totaled like the op

for some reason the prelude qp's are ridiculously long

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sorry not really any updates right now. The parts are ordered and we are just waiting for them to show up. Oh and it's 5100 to fix her! Haha I'm glad they are paying for it! That is with all new oem Honda parts. Other than the afyermarket parts ofcourse. Plus it's at a really good shop so I know it will be done right!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Thanks everyone! My next step is to paint the lip. I think that will really help the look of my car alot! I already have the paint and everything so im hoping to have it done shortly after christmas.

·
Registered
299 Posts
this happened to me too...my drunk friend backed hi 1500 dodge ram into my passenger rear quarter...they told me i could total it out then buy it back but id have to fix it for 3 grand..i said no..they ordered new panals and everything...and even painted the whole car for me...i dont know why i never took pictures of it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
why does it seem that all or most 5th gens that get hit are in the same spot? also for the 3gs they get hit in the front lol this sucks. at least your doing good and your ride is back. right now im rocking a 2010 expedition curtesy of the insurance that hit me. but i miss being able to drive my lude since they are closed on weekends and i have to wait till they get a chance to look at it at the shop its at

21 - 40 of 46 Posts