Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up ppl. its been awhile since iv been on here. I had to sell my 88 cuz i went broke. but i have found a sweet deal on a new one. Its an 88 and the guy that is selling it to me is the only owner. bought it back in 88 brand new. its an si with a rebuilt b20. the speedo reads 200,000 but it was rebuilt in aug of 08. the body is perfect no rust or dings. The door panels arent even ripped up from the seat belt. It even comes with the clock cover. Everything on the car is stock, even the 13in hubcaps. im picken it up for a smoking deal. Ok now my question... Since it is in perfect shape, should i leave it alone or do some mods to it. it looks so nice i dont want to do nothing to it. it runs like ne, its getting round 30 mpg. If i do mods i want to keep it simple nothing to flashy. i dont want to do a motor swap since it is newly rebuilt. Any ideas??? I will get pics as soon as i pick it up.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just do some small mods and enjoy the car. Somewhere down the line, maybe swap a different motor into it. Don't treat it like a collector's car. It isn't one now and it never will be. They are awesome cars but I just don't see them popping up on Barret Jackson, especially with 200k on it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Whats up ppl. its been awhile since iv been on here. I had to sell my 88 cuz i went broke. but i have found a sweet deal on a new one. Its an 88 and the guy that is selling it to me is the only owner. bought it back in 88 brand new. its an si with a rebuilt b20. the speedo reads 200,000 but it was rebuilt in aug of 08. the body is perfect no rust or dings. The door panels arent even ripped up from the seat belt. It even comes with the clock cover. Everything on the car is stock, even the 13in hubcaps. im picken it up for a smoking deal. Ok now my question... Since it is in perfect shape, should i leave it alone or do some mods to it. it looks so nice i dont want to do nothing to it. it runs like ne, its getting round 30 mpg. If i do mods i want to keep it simple nothing to flashy. i dont want to do a motor swap since it is newly rebuilt. Any ideas??? I will get pics as soon as i pick it up.
did you say 13inch hubcaps? I thought only the s model came in that wheel size...the SI came in 14inch...oh well just wondering...but nice find....get pics up when you get it...!!!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
lips (front. side. rear), suspension and 4ws is a good start. after that you'll be hooked. i drove mine for 2 weeks now im rebuilding her already lol!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Congrads. on the find, as for simple mods, bolt-ons would be your best bet. CAI, headers, front strut brace etc. Good luck

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Just do some small mods and enjoy the car. Somewhere down the line, maybe swap a different motor into it. Don't treat it like a collector's car. It isn't one now and it never will be. They are awesome cars but I just don't see them popping up on Barret Jackson, especially with 200k on it.
Yeah, but don't go tearing the shit of it romping around every corner. Still treat it like a lady. And nothing is wrong treating it like a collector car if it is something you like. And I doubt I'll ever see a Japanese car on the show anyway. Since this guy was low on money and had to sell his last one, I'm sure he'll be driving it, not all of us can just go out and buy cars to store away.

Don't put a body kit or anything like that, most people here don't like them (unless its the xenon or kaminari kit). You should lower it a bit and put some nice rims on it, if the paint is in good condition the car will shine, but that's my opinion. Hope the deal was good for you, I'm kind of curious to know what the price was etc.(you don't have to share if you don't want to) w/ pictures. Everyone here is going to want pictures.

·
blubyu
390 Posts
basic bolt on's should be nice enough for know such as: cai,exhaust,header,adjutable cam gears and some shocks,lowering springs but be warned it get addicting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah im only payin a 1000 for it. Im gong to keep it real simple, wheels cai exhaust. Maybe a header. im only going to lower it an inch if i d lower it. i know it is never goingto be a collector car but for my gen it is a car to have and keep.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yeah, but don't go tearing the shit of it romping around every corner. Still treat it like a lady. And nothing is wrong treating it like a collector car if it is something you like. And I doubt I'll ever see a Japanese car on the show anyway. Since this guy was low on money and had to sell his last one, I'm sure he'll be driving it, not all of us can just go out and buy cars to store away.
I know that. I really just hate to see people buy cars in great condition and then be afraid to drive them. There are posts all over LS1tech of people who buy a F-Body with low miles and ask if they should throw it in the garage for 10 years and not drive it. It's retarded.

That's really the point I was trying to make. Just drive it. Do whatever you would like to it. There's no downfall to modding it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Keep that baby rust free, the car is pretty sweet as is, although yea, the Si should have come with the 14in rims, but maybe not in 88? (I have a '91 Si 4ws) See if you can bolt up a 4ws, it is loads of fun! Other than that I would just keep it clean and rust free. Enjoy!
My 88 SI had 14 inch aluminum rims... Good find. what color?

·
Registered
252 Posts
all si's have 14" wheels 13's wont fit over the front calipers

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My bad, they are 14in wheels. The car is gold with brown interior. not my fav color but it looks good. and matches my wifes gold neon. Not sure on te actual color name. And as for drivin it, i plan on driving it alot. between my wife n I, it will be drivin alot. As soon as i pick the car up i will get pics up. prob next week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts