Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what to do about a sway bar upgade who makes one and where can i get it.
Plus what is the best stock sway bar. Is the front sway bar stiffer than the rear in the all wheel steering version comapred to the non and any other input would be nice thanx
AWS LUDE

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
whiteline is the only company that makes swaybars for us...i think they discontinued them though...they're still out there but hard to find.

oh, and if u searched you would've found your answer.

·
Registered
750 Posts
im pretty sure the stock sway bar on the lude is sufficiant enough. i got my car lowered 3 inches and i have absolutly no body roll. i know this because i have maybe and i really mean maybe 1 inch ground clearance and when i make an extremley sharp turn. i dont grind or bottom out. so thats why i think there is a stiff enough sway bar is it. you could go with strut tower bars they MIGHT help.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
1" ground clearance ?
That's over 4.5" lower than stock. It must handle like crap .

anti-roll bars are still available from Whiteline.

The fronts are stiffer than the rears and are the same on all 3G's irrespective of 4WS.

A stock bar is a stock bar, how can any be better than itself?

·
Registered
750 Posts
88SE Lude said:
1" ground clearance ?
That's over 4.5" lower than stock. It must handle like crap .

anti-roll bars are still available from Whiteline.

The fronts are stiffer than the rears and are the same on all 3G's irrespective of 4WS.

A stock bar is a stock bar, how can any be better than itself?

actually it handles quite nicely....other than bottoming out its fine specially around tight corners.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
playboyesq said:
im pretty sure the stock sway bar on the lude is sufficiant enough. i got my car lowered 3 inches and i have absolutly no body roll. i know this because i have maybe and i really mean maybe 1 inch ground clearance and when i make an extremley sharp turn. i dont grind or bottom out. so thats why i think there is a stiff enough sway bar is it. you could go with strut tower bars they MIGHT help.
don't even talk if you haven't tried an aftermarket rear sway on your car. And I know you haven't because if you had you wouldn't say ignorant things like that.

and what does the swaybar have to do with you bottoming out?

strut tower bars DO help 3rd gens

search search search, this has been covered at least 50-100 times.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Strut tower bars only help a small amount.
Nothign like the effect a good arb has.

BTW I can't believe a car lowered that much actually ahndles as well as a stock one.
the suspension geometry (roll centres etc) will be so far out .

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.