Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so my SH tranny is SHOT I went to honda and they dont make a overhaul kist nor do they rebuild trannys so Im pretty sure I want to swap out my sh trans to a base model. Where in the HELL can I find a good shape trans for a 99 base model prelude? Ive looked and NO luck. I also need the half shaft too. any help would be great! any tips or knowledge you feel like droping would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

·
Bearderator
8,519 Posts
all depends on where you are and if there are any members around you that could point you in the direction of a good shop. I'm sure some others here can help you more than I with this, best of luck

·
Registered
488 Posts
i can get u a sh tranmission but its kinda high miles around 140k
o_o you can swap sh engine and tranmission to a base?
cause i have an extra prelude sh i wanna put into my auto base..

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
if you want to convert to a base you need to
- remove ATTS unit
- base axels
- base half shaft
- fab up a mounting bracket for your half shaft

its alot more work then just finding the right tranny. unless you plan on more power or are having problems with your atts stick with your SH. contact 1fastlude he may still have an SH tranny. i sold mine a few months back $500 + shipping. Also look at hmotorsonline.com they are in cali best place to find honda motors/trannys good luck

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
My GF's dad has a couple of 5spd trannies at his salvage yard. If you'd like, I can ask how much for one, plus I know a guy locally who can take a look at it for you. I swear he messes with 5spd trannies as if they're legos. I've taken both of my trannies to him, and he know's his stuff. He created www.ntpog.org/forums

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW thanks for the quick responses. (crazy) I am aware of the fab work for the half shaft, I am pretty sure I can swing it. I do eventually want a turbo setup so I figure just switch to the base model tranny plus my ATTS unit is already kinda acting goofy. Please keep the info comming. I feel I should also include that im not rich. I am a technician and it seems that all the dealership around here are taking a HUGE hit and I got laid off. There is hope though I have some cash saved up and im selling my other car cuz I NEED my lude acting right. :burn:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
There is someone in the F/S section selling the plates:
http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306423

I dont know what the quality is like, im curious to know what its made out of. Personally, the bolts look a bit flimsy and the plate looks like it is made of particle board. Im pretty sure its not as bad as I make it seem but you need to make sure you getting good stuff!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts