Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were you aware that the 2008 stock cadillac escalade clocked in faster than the 99-01 base ludes. :unhappy:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
A lot of new SUVs are faster than preludes. I'm not hating on ludes, but they are becoming slower and slower compared to a LOT of new cars.

This beast could probably maul my lude.

·
Registered
476 Posts
it's just natural aging man..new technology makes all old things obsolete

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all i know is that if I ever lost to an SUV, my car would have to sit in timeout for a couple days. :emthdown:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Oh man I worked on a srt-10 Ram the other day. ORRGGGAAASSSMMM of speed. I woulda never never never never expected a truck to pull THAT hard

Now it isnt the fastest thing by any means running a stock 13.5 in the quarter but its sooo shocking to drive those

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Watchout for them trailblazer SS and Jeep SRT-8 too. Had a jeep keep up with my turbo lude... it was almost degrading...
Those 2 are no joke. The TBSS has the LS7 aka the Z06 motor. Then the jeep is all wheel drive and will murder you off the line. I would also like to add that back when i first got my 97 auto prelude i got caught at a light next to my brother who was driving my parents 03 honda pilot and we booth took off and neither one of us pulled away.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
well you guys gotta remember that these things were built for hauling - so no worries [HAKUNA MATATA!!!] we aren't considered slow lol

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
true, but if its an endurance race, they'd have to fill up every 30 minutes lol. Not to mention if that thing even attempts to go into the twisties your gonna need a wrecker.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
well you guys gotta remember that these things were built for hauling - so no worries [HAKUNA MATATA!!!] we aren't considered slow lol
That's actually a really good point. Our cars are still very fast for 4 cylinders. Nearly 100 hp per liter? That's pretty damn good. Not to mention 26(ish) mpg when driving normal.

I'll take it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
^^ very good point
preludes are decently fast compared to a lot of cars out there and they sill get good gas mileage
youll never find an suv like that

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
preludes were not made for speed. havent you figured this out yet? any clunker with 400+ hp can haul ass in a straight line

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
There are alot of fast SUVs and trucks these days.

My dad has a Tundra with the 5.7 and it annihilates my prelude. the new trucks and SUVs handle really good in comparison to older things, but they are still large, clumsy gas hogs.

The Prelude is so sexy and so well balanced. The prelude isnt the car to get if you want straight line speed, but it is one of the most well rounded performance cars for the money.

Nice blend of luxury, performance, and economy

1 - 20 of 78 Posts