Honda Prelude Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
^ thanks for the response. I thought so but damn even finding a 185/55 is very hard for a 14" rim. That sucks. The only common sidewall sizes available are 60,65,70. :(

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Depending on how low you are and what size tire you have, you'll definitely need to do some fender rolling. I'm running a 17x7.5" wheel with a 40mm offset and a 5mm spacer on the rear of my 'Lude with a 215/45-17 tire and a 1" drop. Had to do a little rolling to get 'em to fit, but man they look good!

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
I have 17x8.5 (+40mm) on my track car (5Gen) and they fit without too much trouble. Front fitment did not require much modification. Rear definitely requires rolling of the lip. I also removed the tab to get a little more clearance.

I have a set of 17x9 (+35mm), but I have yet to try them yet.

Has anyone fit 17x9.5s or 17x10s? I know quite a few mods will be required (especially if fitting that size wheel on the rear). With my new engine setup, I'd love to fit some 275/35/17 Hoosiers under the car, but not too crazy about the modifications that would be needed, especially since they're not only wider, but nearly 1" larger in OD than my current 225/40/17 Hoosiers.

Here are the specs.

·
Registered
288 Posts
^^ much wider tread width... but is it worth all the fender modifications and the extra height and weight disadvantages? What is the weight diff. between 225 vs 275? 17x9's are pretty light but 17x10's are adding some weight

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
True. Right now, I think the plan is to get the car out on the track with the 17x8.5/17x9 wheels and 225/40/17 Hoosiers and see how those work out. I'm hoping they'll work fine and won't have to worry about trying to go with a different size. I love Hoosiers, so the tire choice is great, but they're the only ones that offer a tire in this size (then again, they're the only ones that offer a 275/35/17 also, IIRC).

·
Registered
288 Posts
Good plan. My Vette buddy has raced on several diff. brands of race tires - always looking out for something better, cheaper or lasting longer... and he always goes back to Hoosiers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own an 1986 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si, and was wondering if anybody knows of or has put on an after market suspension that doesn’t lower the car (I live a mile up a gravel road so lowering is out of the question) but fits right in like plug and play?I’ve done plenty of googling and can’t find anything, it’s always in reference to the 3rd Gen Accords 87, 88+. Car is 33 years old with the original suspension, I can find OEM shocks and coils but I’d like a little more performance. Any pointers?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own an 1986 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si, and was wondering if anybody knows of or has put on an after market suspension that doesn’t lower the car (I live a mile up a gravel road so lowering is out of the question) but fits right in like plug and play?I’ve done plenty of googling and can’t find anything, it’s always in reference to the 3rd Gen Accords 87, 88+. Car is 33 years old with the original suspension, I can find OEM shocks and coils but I’d like a little more performance. Any pointers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 74 of 74 Posts