Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rating: 4.5/5 (Green would look cooler)

25mm solid Bar GREY, replacing 23mm hollow stock bar.
Comes with black polyurethane bushings, associated hardware, grease, instructions.

$149.23 SHIPPED from Autopartsdealer.com

So first off the website shows it as green. Sadly it's not old stock green like I thought and I ended up with a gunmetal grey. Still happy since I already knew ST had switched colors.

Shipping was fast again.

I'll finish the rest tomorrow.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Mine are green... the first generation were that gray color... maybe that company had them for a long time...

and yes they ripped my L bracket... i had to reweld it back...

I think the reason being is that we need to lubricate the bushings... if we don't then we will run into this issue... not allowing the sway to maneuver...

Nonetheless, I like mine...

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was told first gen were green. new's are gunmetal/black. every old bar i find is green. oh well. sorry i never updated, busted another set of links, but until i did that everything was golden. im gonna go oem for links and get that review up and finished.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I just got the same bar.
So you just reuse the oem endlinks?
I don't need to purchase anything extra for the install do I?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yea I bought new OEM endlinks from the Dealership.
So far so good, taking on/exit ramps at 80-90 km/hr.
Feels really sturdy, minimum body roll.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well when i started this everyone said the oem links will break, get the progress links with the bar. worked out my oem were broke anyway. that being said i honestly think the oem links will work fine with the progress bar. if not i got some $50 ones from rockauto, theyre black and blue and are working fine with the ST. my front custom links and the ST bar i have no problems at all for some reason. we've all had different experiences but DO NOT buy progress links.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yea I will never support a company that makes garbage parts and refuses to fix them. I do know someone that is using the progress bar with the oems with no problems. I was thinkg though, do you think I should get the ST front and rear set, or get the st front bar and progress rear bar? I will get new endlinks for the rear since they are only $43 each but I'm just so frustrated over which sways to go with...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Are these heavier than oem
Yes. Noticeably heavier. I have a stock one laying around my house somewhere. I'll weigh it compared to the ST front and my tanabe front and let you know what I find.

i disagree. once i put on the front bar i noticed a lot better handling. not everyone autox but if you dont its a nice touch over the stock hollow.
Better is relative. It all depends on the driver and what they are comfortable with. I personally removed mine completely after it tore out of the front subframe. My times are faster but not as regular. It also depends on WHERE you are driving. Now I do agree with you on it being a nice upgrade over stock for daily driving.

On a lude u only need to upgrade the rear leave the front oem seen alot of autox guys even unbolt their front bars
Not true. An aftermarket is built with better material aka more durable. I've broken a stock front swaybar before then I had to upgrade. After that I went back autoxing and haven't broken one yet. Now you are correct about unbolting the front sway or removing it. It does help reduce understeer BUT you still need to have both sides of the suspension respond to one another. With the increase in oversteer you also get a decrease in overall control.

I hope this helps. If any of my information is incorrect please feel free to correct me. Later.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts