Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've looked and browsed and searched, to no avail. Lowering has been done, and done, and DONE by everybody and his brother, but I like the stock height (especially with the not-so-concours roads around here and the extra-low oil pan and header from an H22A swap) or even an inch or two higher.

I'd like to be able to play around with ride height and quality, so I'm just wondering if there's an aftermarket source that will give me stock plus/minus.

Flame on... :skull:

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I haven't tried it, but I think I remember hearing that ksport at max height is stock height.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
If I wanted to go higher than that, I would make (or have made) strut spacers. Crude but effective. Not sure how much lift would be ok before making a decent alignment impossible.

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
You can still get Ksports and go stock height, you will be fine plus the adjustability of the bound/rebound will help you dial in the perfect ride.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hi all,

I've looked and browsed and searched, to no avail. Lowering has been done, and done, and DONE by everybody and his brother, but I like the stock height (especially with the not-so-concours roads around here and the extra-low oil pan and header from an H22A swap) or even an inch or two higher.

I'd like to be able to play around with ride height and quality, so I'm just wondering if there's an aftermarket source that will give me stock plus/minus.

Flame on... :skull:
I've dipped in and out of the Form & Function thread from time to time. The impression I got was they won't go particularly low, but they do standard ride height okay. Not sure if they will go higher than standard. Might be worth a read if you haven't been through it already.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
It's very rare to get aftermarket suspension (coilovers particularly) that will go higher than stock, the majority only just do stock height.
Same as going lower, too far and you fk it all up. So an inch or maybe two would be the most.
But even at stock height some good damping will make the roads much nicer to deal with.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's very rare to get aftermarket suspension (coilovers particularly) that will go higher than stock, the majority only just do stock height.
Same as going lower, too far and you fk it all up. So an inch or maybe two would be the most.
Yeah, I'm getting that.

But even at stock height some good damping will make the roads much nicer to deal with.
I got tired of the BANGrind sound of a tire stuffing itself into the well. Maybe it was because of tired suspension, or perhaps that's what caused (or is because of) the ruined ball joint on the passenger side.

·
Memento Mori
7,511 Posts
I got tired of the BANGrind sound of a tire stuffing itself into the well. Maybe it was because of tired suspension, or perhaps that's what caused (or is because of) the ruined ball joint on the passenger side.
Certainly not normal to hear a banging or that the tire makes contact with the inner well.

I feel the stock height is pretty generous and if the suspension is in good condition it should be able to handle any paved roads...

I would start with a good inspection and then fix any ball joints or bushings first(springs break sometimes too). Then stick some Tokico dampers on with stock springs and see how that works. You could always put on Ground Controls with longer springs to get extra height.

If you are thinking of lifting it I think stock style dampers with ground controls would be better than F&F/Ksport because stock dampers have a greater amount of droop to work with.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I used da integra shocks and forks. That will certainly raise the height of the car since they are 1 inch taller then the preludes. The rear almost fit it was off by a little bit maybe you could grind the metal down to make it fit not on the coilover but the lower control arm. Been a while since I had that on so completely forgot how it was

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have ksports and they go both fairly high and low. Heres 2 pictures. On with my big tire one with my smaller one.
Turbo, both pictures say I don't have permission to view the images.

MustardCat, I found some Tokico blue dampers online today, and toyed with that idea. I think I'll put that suggestion at the top of the list.

As part of my H22 swap, I've already changed all the ball joints, front bearings and seals, and tie rods (still trying to find a bellows for the passenger side). Everything else looks intact.

Cheeze, is it a "da Integra", or were you being all Mafioso :jehon: referring to an Integra as "da (the) Integra"? I don't know Integras whatsoever, so please pardon my ignorance.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
DA and DB are the chassis codes for 90-93 Integras, hatchback and sedan respectively.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
You could always put on Ground Controls with longer springs to get extra height.
That won't work, the dampers are already at full extension (allowing for the required droop).
Fitting longer springs (assuming similar spring rate) will just give more preload etc..

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts