Honda Prelude Forum banner

suspension question really interesting

616 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  88SE Lude 
#1 ·
so i was looking at my springs yesterday and noticed that they are angled towards the front of the car. i went to look at my dads CL, my brother's Civic, and myother brother's TL. they were all straight up not anlged towards the front like my lude. correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't that give my car a weird caster degree. or is this (besides the fact that ludes have stiffer suspension)the reason why they handle so good.:turn:

#2 ·
Caster has nothing to do with the angle of the suspension leg. That is adjusted by the radius rods.
They use a double wishbone set-up not a McPherson strut.

Some basic suspension research would teach you a lot

#3 ·
88SE Lude said:
Caster has nothing to do with the angle of the suspension leg. That is adjusted by the radius rods.
They use a double wishbone set-up not a McPherson strut.

Some basic suspension research would teach you a lot

okay that's cool. but have you noticed that it does angle that way on your 3g also? is there a reason why honda designed that way and not like all their other cars? and ofcourse 4 wheel independent double wishone suspension i know. with font & rear sway bars and rear trailing arms duh...(no pun intended)

#4 · (Edited)
Packaging.

That's the best way that honda could fit it in the car.

Although, I don't remember my spring/shock angling towards the front of the car...

Edit: I just looked at CADster's suspension thread. I see what you're talking about. It's just how honda was able to fit the assembly in the car.

#5 ·
BA5 said:
Edit: I just looked at CADster's suspension thread. I see what you're talking about. It's just how honda was able to fit the assembly in the car.
yea... dont to keep the hood line low is my guess.

#6 ·
As the two chaps have said.

One of the main design criteria of teh 3G was to keep a low hoodline and sleek car.
So tilted engine and lots of other stuff .
I think they did a good job myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.